Sellier & Bellot bullets

The old 175gr Partition load was very good also out of my No 1 7x57. Grab that ammo if you ever come across it. We've basically stopped loading it due to difficulty getting the projectiles.

We bring in as much of the 7x57 as possible, but recent market conditions have made it impossible to keep up with demand. We don't have a retail sales program at this time, however we have several good online resellers/dealers that stock all of the S&B loads as they become available; SG Ammo, Target Sports, Lucky Gunner and Midway. SG Ammo probably stocks the widest variety and all of the unique loads when they come in.
SG Ammo has been my hook up for quite some time for my 6.5x57 M-S. I buy everything I can from those cats!

Sat. I saw our local gun shop had some S&B 7X57 ammo in stock. I’m going to see what bullet weights they have.
Normally I load my ammo, but 175gr 7s are getting hard to find.
Ahaaa, they had 140gr soft points. I bought a box to try $26.50 opened the box & found them to be a semi pointed almost a RN. WOW just try to find a RN to reload here & I’m a fan of RN hunting bullets. When out 22 degrees & snow quits we’ll see how they shoot.

Ahaaa, they had 140gr soft points. I bought a box to try $26.50 opened the box & found them to be a semi pointed almost a RN. WOW just try to find a RN to reload here & I’m a fan of RN hunting bullets. When out 22 degrees & snow quits we’ll see how they shoot.
My Mauser loves them shoot better than Remington 175 grain round nose.

OT...I have some 7x57 R that I have been saving as an excuse to buy another drilling...but I haven't found one, so might sell them someday

I finally got the old girl out on a still hunt and I was quartering through some thick cover when I saw 2 does coming down the ridge toward me. Wind was in my favor but the old lead doe sensed something not quit right and started veering back up the ridge. When she was about 40 yards uphill from me when I brought the gun up aligned the sights and fired. She took off on a dead run and piled up within 40 yards. I went to where she took the shot and found her trail but no blood the leaves kicked up made it easy to flow and after about 25-30 yards there was blood all over the brush and trees. Upon dressing her all I found of her heart was the bottom section and bits and pieces. The pump was gone hence the sparse blood trail. Perfect performance from the 140 grain S&B round nose slug. The 26” barrel takes a little getting used to in thick cover but the old girl shoots right where you aim here. Another classic back in the field doing what it was built to do. Very satisfying.

Good to hear. That's a great short-med range load. I find it to be quite accurate in my No 1 and M77 7x57's. Good luck with the new knees. Been there with hip and knee. The recovery is no fun, but the results are worth the effort.

I have killed a ton of pigs with the S&B 173gr SPCE in Florida and Texas in &x57 and 7x57R. Never had to shoot one twice.

Safe hunting

Good to hear. That's a great short-med range load. I find it to be quite accurate in my No 1 and M77 7x57's. Good luck with the new knees. Been there with hip and knee. The recovery is no fun, but the results are worth the effort.
Does S&B offer the SPCE bullet in a 9.3x62 loading?

Sellier & Bellot used to load 175Gr Nosler Partition soft point bullets in their 7x57mm Mauser cartridges. They were extremely accurate out of my Churchill Gunmakers Model Deluxe 7x57mm Mauser.

IMG_1532.jpeg

Unfortunately, I believe that Sellier & Bellot stopped loading Nosler Partition bullets in their cartridges some time ago. There appears to be a worldwide shortage of Nosler bullets in recent years.

Nowadays, I use Hendershots Custom Ammunition loaded with the 175Gr Hornady Interlock Spire Point. Also a very potent bullet.

I don’t discount the usefulness of the good old round nose, the superior ballistics of spritzers don’t really kick in until you get past 300yds. I try hard to keep my shots under 300.
Agreed 100%! I've gone back to heavy for cal, round nose soft-points when I know shots will be inside of 300.

I too have gone back to heavey for caliber roundnose bullets but other than 30 and 35 caliber they are getting very difficult to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!