Scrub bull hunt

I’ve used basically all of Woodleigh‘s offerings on big bovines, and they’re all good. Each one of them is “the best” on certain angles and / or body locations. For side-on (or nearly side-on) it’s hard to beat their various softs (although in .375 I would stick to their heavy duty soft - but their standard soft would be better for pigs). Hydros are good for tough angles and / or thick cover. They drill straight through, but it’s a smaller hole without the impact of the soft. It’s almost impossible to predict the best bullet for the day ahead, but you just take your pick and make it work - which is what you did.
 
Ben I was mentioning to Ray that we shot some very large bodied Buffalo's with Woodleigh Protective Point Softs, and that they were brutal with shoulder shots, I thinks if he used the Woodleigh SP's he would have got a similar out come.
 
Pro tip on barramundi: if a salty takes an interest in your fish, it's better to let him have it. ;)
 
It’s good to see an Aussie story here.
I’m hoping to take an Aussie bovine someday with a .375 and Woodleigh.
Somehow I got side tracked and booked a trip to Africa, counting down.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,718
Members
168,989
Latest member
Robin Gratz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top