Scrub bull hunt

I’ve used basically all of Woodleigh‘s offerings on big bovines, and they’re all good. Each one of them is “the best” on certain angles and / or body locations. For side-on (or nearly side-on) it’s hard to beat their various softs (although in .375 I would stick to their heavy duty soft - but their standard soft would be better for pigs). Hydros are good for tough angles and / or thick cover. They drill straight through, but it’s a smaller hole without the impact of the soft. It’s almost impossible to predict the best bullet for the day ahead, but you just take your pick and make it work - which is what you did.

Ben I was mentioning to Ray that we shot some very large bodied Buffalo's with Woodleigh Protective Point Softs, and that they were brutal with shoulder shots, I thinks if he used the Woodleigh SP's he would have got a similar out come.

Pro tip on barramundi: if a salty takes an interest in your fish, it's better to let him have it. ;)

It’s good to see an Aussie story here.
I’m hoping to take an Aussie bovine someday with a .375 and Woodleigh.
Somehow I got side tracked and booked a trip to Africa, counting down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you