Scope for .416 Ruger?

Just picked up a Ruger Hawkeye African in 416 Ruger, thinking about putting a lightweight low powered scope on it with those Alaska Arms quick detach scope rings. Any suggestions on a scope?
I have used 1.1-4x24, 1.5-6x42, 1.5-8x42, 1-6.3x24. The 1-4 / 1-6 straight 30mm tubes are probably my favorite general use scopes. I am more concerned with very close to less than 250 yard shots. But, I would attempt to tailor my scope to expected use.
 
I have a Leupold VX-lll 1.5-5x withe the no longer available heavy duplex reticle on mine. Very pleased with it, and it performed well in Africa, but if doing it again, would probably put a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x on it.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,510
Members
169,365
Latest member
TillyQ1897
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top