Saw this on a FB page today

So is it ok not to finger point to a tasteless racist regardless of him being a hunter or not?
Future of hunting depends decent people who represent themselves in the best manner and taste.
This is the best place to call out people like him and clean the house so to speak.
I’m sure they will answer the phone. Their number is easy to find. Just ask for the tasteless racist and he will get on the phone and then you tell him what you want him to do.

I noticed the OP is a Canadian
why has Canada become so obsessed with what is PC ?

I noticed the OP is a Canadian
why has Canada become so obsessed with what is PC ?
The OP as you term him also manages this site and has genuine concerns about our pastime.
That’s my issue,
is he a racist??? I think he’s just a redneck who hates democrats. Have you seen the stuff they say about Joe Biden? And he’s a white guy….

Obama care this, taxes this, ect. Ect. They just hate politicians. The people who seem to be offended the most are the only ones who bring up that hes black. I see many examples of this. People who take it upon them to have moral high ground bring up race relations constantly to elevate themselves in today’s society.

Virtue signaling to the max going on

The point is it doesn't matter a whit what anyone on this site thinks. No one is virtue signaling. It only matters with regard to what others, particularly non-hunters, think.

Gentleman it seems the best corse of action Is for everyone to just agree to disagree .There are a lot of very fine gentlemen who have weight in her both for and against I don’t see how anything more productive can be said and before this delves into name calling might I humble suggest we all move on and let it lay. A hundred yeahs and a hundred nays won’t change the price of powder.

The OP as you term him also manages this site and has genuine concerns about our pastime.

The point is it doesn't matter a whit what anyone on this site thinks. No one is virtue signaling. It only matters with regard to what others, particularly non-hunters, think.

TADA!

Wasn’t this thread started by the same person who closed the “Politcs” thread because of disagreement.

Confusing bit to me.
It was locked for nine hours because of profane vitriol. The offender spewing bigotry was Banned.
I hope that helps with your confusion.

I have been thanked privately by enough members for that intervention and I was surprised by the number actually.

Last edited:
An article I found helpful:
  • Pause to short-circuit the emotion and reflect.
  • Connect with others in ways that affirm the importance of relationships.
  • Question yourself to help identify your blind spots and discover what makes you defensive.
  • Get genuine support that doesn’t necessarily validate your point of view but, rather, helps you gain a broader perspective.
  • Shift your mind-set from “You need to change” to “What can I change?”
These five principles require that all parties adopt a learning orientation.
Harvard Business Review
https://hbr.org/2006/09/rethinking-political-correctness

:D Cheers:

An article I found helpful:
  • Pause to short-circuit the emotion and reflect.
  • Connect with others in ways that affirm the importance of relationships.
  • Question yourself to help identify your blind spots and discover what makes you defensive.
  • Get genuine support that doesn’t necessarily validate your point of view but, rather, helps you gain a broader perspective.
  • Shift your mind-set from “You need to change” to “What can I change?”
These five principles require that all parties adopt a learning orientation.
Harvard Business Review
https://hbr.org/2006/09/rethinking-political-correctness

:D Cheers:
While you're at it, can you make it to where my emojis work again? LOL?

I’m sure they will answer the phone. Their number is easy to find. Just ask for the tasteless racist and he will get on the phone and then you tell him what you want him to do.
I don't care what he does. I don't associate myself with people like that or his defenders.

That’s my issue,
is he a racist??? I think he’s just a redneck who hates democrats. Have you seen the stuff they say about Joe Biden? And he’s a white guy….

Obama care this, taxes this, ect. Ect. They just hate politicians. The people who seem to be offended the most are the only ones who bring up that hes black. I see many examples of this. People who take it upon them to have moral high ground bring up race relations constantly to elevate themselves in today’s society.

Virtue signaling to the max going on
Virtue signaling? Tell that to any black person who might walk in that trophy room.
I would call it out the same way if a black person displays a white head in his trophy room.

it’s political not racism. You made it racism. If the mask was Clinton,Trump,Bush. Would we be talking about this?? Probably not…. Sorry i don’t see color in ppl i see what they contribute
Yes I would be talking about this if I see a white man's head hanging in a black people's trophy room.
Racism works both ways.

But this was ok, and it was displayed during the Macy’s parade. :ROFLMAO:

1706058497938.png

Last edited:
I’m having a hard time seeing it as a purely racist act. If there was a noose involved I would feel differently..

But this was ok, and it was displayed during the Macy’s parade. :ROFLMAO:
Little Orange men are exempt. They don't like hunting anyway.

Not Racism! Again why didn’t the op use his 5 principles before starting this thread and possibly ruin someone’s life and business with a picture they most likely didn’t post. Entire thread is bullshit

Not Racism! Again why didn’t the op use his 5 principles before starting this thread and possibly ruin someone’s life and business with a picture they most likely didn’t post. Entire thread is bullshit

I've no idea whether the intent was racist or not. And I don't care. The whole point of the thread is it's a stupid move in it's reflection on hunters as a whole.

And the pic posted here in this thread came from FaceBook. I think FB has a much larger presence overall than AH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoniaMedla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.