SAPS In Transit permit

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 2, 2017
Messages
628
Reaction score
910
Location
USA , GA
Media
46
Hunting reports
Africa
5
USA/Canada
1
I am going to Botswana in May of this year and taking my rifles along. I will have an overnight stay in Joburg. It's my understanding that I will fill out my SAPS permit as an "In Transit" application. Is anyone familiar with how this works?

Do I fill out the permit and receive my rifle in RSA just like usual?

Do I simply check it in for the flight to Botswana and show the permit when checking my bags and escort the gun to the gun room like normal??

Will I have to repeat the process when I return to RSA or does the In Transit permit (hopefully) eliminate some of the waiting and red tape.

Any and all feedback will be appreciated!

B Davis
 
The answer is yes to you filling out the same SAPS form if you and your guns are overnighting in S.A., but checking in transit on the above boxes. Don't know about returning from Botswana. Use @riflepermits.com or another meet and greet service which deal with these situations on a regular basis.
 
I whole heartedly agree with the use of henry@riflepermits.com for any and all dealings with SAPS. He knows the laws and his clients don't have any troubles bringing their rifles into RSA or leaving with them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,407
Messages
1,575,250
Members
170,239
Latest member
Jon66J1482
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top