Sako Magnum Mauser

  • Thread starter Thread starter wildwood
  • Start date Start date
W

wildwood

I am researching this Sako rifle for my elderly neighbor and am seeking opinions about its' value. Following is what I have learned about it and some photos:

It is a Sako Magnum Mauser, chambered for the .375 H&H magnum. The action is a (FN) Supreme Mauser, manufactured in 1951-1961. The serial # dates it 1955 and it has French walnut stock and weighs 7 1/2 lbs. Firearms International was the importer of this rifle. I also read that Sako Mausers are seldom found and rare in this caliber. Even in Finland they are next to impossible to find! This rifle has been engraved, as you will see and has some rust on the barrel. The engraving below the grizzly bear reads, "Have
no fear of any man Regardless of his size Keep me always at your side And I will equalize."
 

Attachments

  • 2-magnum.jpg
    2-magnum.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 472
  • SAKO_SiteBarrel.jpg
    SAKO_SiteBarrel.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 430
  • SAKO_Rifle.jpg
    SAKO_Rifle.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 401
  • SAKO_BarrelRust.jpg
    SAKO_BarrelRust.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 511
  • site_winged_2.jpg
    site_winged_2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 376
  • 2-engraving.jpg
    2-engraving.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 428
According to the 2006 copy of the BLUE BOOK, the rifle is worth app. $580 dollars at 95 percent condition. It also says to add 10-15 percent for mag calibers.
 
Thanks for that information. Cabela's offered me $775. as is. So I'm thinking a little higher than that. Does anyone have a rifle like this?

wildwood
 
I wouldn't pay more than what Cabela's offered...if the barrel wasn't rusted then you would have me saying it's closer to $900 on a good day.
 
Thanks for all the opinion's on this rifle. The owner said, that he will keep the rifle.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,930
Members
169,651
Latest member
MelanieBou
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top