SAA Route Cancellations

Ok, here is the latest I could find and how to access it so you can read all the information: ALSO it looks as though those traveling with weapons will be re accommodated on South Africa Airlink.

Those that ARE NOT traveling with weapons can use any airline of their choosing.

There is no direct link I can post to pull this information up, so here it goes:

In the Google Search box: type in:
latest news about south africa airlways flight cancellations JNB to PLZ

Tap search button

Tap on the article link:

South Africa Airways Massively Cuts Route Network[ one mile at a time

Feb 6, 2020. As of February 29,2020 (read the rest).......

This will take you to SAA's latest news and announcement on changes and cancellations: international and domestic flights, etc.

Hope this helps.

I called and talked to SAA an hour ago. I was told if you were on a preexisting flight from Johannesburg to East London you are going on Mango. They have the only direct flight to and from. If you wish to change flights to SAA Express you can buy a new ticket only thing is you go from Johannesburg to Cape town then to East London no direct route for them. Was also informed that they are working on getting Mango capable of firearms transfers. Was told not to do anything at this time. But then again I'm going in April still have a little bit more time. Worst thing is I will rent if need be and say screw the headaches.

I called and talked to SAA an hour ago. I was told if you were on a preexisting flight from Johannesburg to East London you are going on Mango. They have the only direct flight to and from. If you wish to change flights to SAA Express you can buy a new ticket only thing is you go from Johannesburg to Cape town then to East London no direct route for them. Was also informed that they are working on getting Mango capable of firearms transfers. Was told not to do anything at this time. But then again I'm going in April still have a little bit more time. Worst thing is I will rent if need be and say screw the headaches.

Thank you for the update. Definitely positive feedback.

For those of you who have not already booked your flights into East London yet and are wanting to travel with rifles, I think an option would be to fly internationally directly into Cape Town and then catch a connecting flight with SA Airlink from Cape Town to East London.

Well as of this morning we are really confused. My agent talked to SAA and was told yes JNB to PLZ is canceled and we would get a refund and would have to book with another carrier. My buddy went through his agent who said they talked to SAA and were told they would still be flying to PLZ. SAA website says they are cancelling PLZ after Feb. 29 but when we check our itinerary on SAA it says we are still confirmed for our original flight.

Ugh! Graham best of luck getting this straightened out! What a pain!

My flight info never changed eather but I called and was told I was booked on Mango. They don't let you know who your on you have to contact them
And they don't give one ioda about any inconvenience for you. Its typical bs let me put you on hold. Let me transfer you to Costmer Service and then how about to reservation.

This is what I got
Screenshot_20200216-132855_Email.jpeg

Hi guys

See: https://www.africahunting.com/threa...and-south-african-express-announcement.55295/

Starting on 29 February 2020, South African Air (and South African Express) will cease the following routes for Luanda, Entebbe, Ndola, Durban, Port Elizabeth, and East London as shown on the image attached.
What does that mean for clients already booked on SAA or Express flights to these destinations? What if you are traveling with guns?
SAA/ Express has advised that any passengers booked on these flights will be offered a refund or exchange to an Airlink or Mango flight. Airlink is expected to pick up the dropped routes and is the only airline on these routes that accepts weapons for transport.
We may only process refunds or exchanges for ticketed flights on the affected routes after SAA releases the changes and provides authorization to refund or rebook.
We are diligently watching for any changes to be released and will contact clients individually as soon as changes are made.

86420313_3278553028825610_2047628553175957504_n-png.330811

I had confirmation today of my Johannesburg to east London and return part of the flight were cancelled and I had been booked onto mango only problem is there were no mango flights available on the day of arrival and the return arrived 35 minutes before my international flight departed. Anyway all sorted kept the international flights with british airways and have booked with flysafair for the east London flights. I am not carrying any guns with me so it was not to much hassle.

Big shout out to Nick Bowker. He will be picking us up at the Jo Berg Airport and we will drive to his area near Bedford. Outstanding Effort on his part. We are flying back from Port Liz on airlink. And SAA can kiss my A@#$!!!

Big shout out to Nick Bowker. He will be picking us up at the Jo Berg Airport and we will drive to his area near Bedford. Outstanding Effort on his part. We are flying back from Port Liz on airlink. And SAA can kiss my A@#$!!!

Good thing!
The drive JNB-Bedford I reckon is 10hrs+, so perhaps a charter is an option?
I know there are some operators, but have no idea of price.
A business opportunity anyone?

We are traveling to East London in May and received an email from our Tavel agent on Friday. She indicated Fly Safair may soon be approved for firearms transport and would switch our tickets if that is true. Their website still says no firearms, however. She is supposed to follow up with us this week.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Your PH/Outfitter is a KEEPER! Tip well. Charters can be extremely expensive and that option usually applies to those on a different priority budget than most of us. Plus, if I would have wanted to use a charter and had the budget planned to do so, I would not have booked a regional flight to begin with!! I've been pushed into using unplanned charters before and that does not make for happy relationships.

Anybody heard anything more about Mango getting licensed for firearms? Rumor is Safair is supposedly trying to get a firearms license.

I'm within 40 days before departure and I was told to change flights as we were on Mango. So I did now on Airlink still through SAA now I can take my rifles Then had to request a refund c how that goes.

I'm within 40 days before departure and I was told to change flights as we were on Mango. So I did now on Airlink still through SAA now I can take my rifles Then had to request a refund c how that goes.

Apologies if this is a bit elementary, but if you've booked with Airlink, make sure that the actual carrier for your flights is Airlink. The firearms policy of the carrier will prevail, not the policy of the booking airline.

I'm happy to see that airlink is now flying the East London route that SAA abandoned. They took the same time slot so really the only change is the carrier. Glad we waited on buying that flight for our June trip and this has all been sorted out before. I sympathize with those who had to scramble to change flights and what not.

Ya I changed on Monday I looked at the flights there offering. Five flights from Johannesburg to East London with up to 7 hour layover in Cape town. One direct at 10 something. I tried to get on it said I would be on Mango because it's over sold. But they're sorry for any inconvenience that this caused. So beware you still have to book Airlink through SAA. But were all good now in 36 days

Anybody heard anything more about Mango getting licensed for firearms? Rumor is Safair is supposedly trying to get a firearms license.
I’m wondering as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross