www.travelexpressagency.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Starting on 29 February 2020, South African Air (and South African Express) will cease the following routes for Luanda, Entebbe, Ndola, Durban, Port Elizabeth, and East London as shown on the image attached.
What does that mean for clients already booked on SAA or Express flights to these destinations? What if you are traveling with guns?
SAA/ Express has advised that any passengers booked on these flights will be offered a refund or exchange to an Airlink or Mango flight. Airlink is expected to pick up the dropped routes and is the only airline on these routes that accepts weapons for transport.
We may only process refunds or exchanges for ticketed flights on the affected routes after SAA releases the changes and provides authorization to refund or rebook.
We are diligently watching for any changes to be released and will contact clients individually as soon as changes are made.

86420313_3278553028825610_2047628553175957504_n.png

When I was looking to book my travel I saw SAA was in financial trouble. I would not book any future travel with them.

Let’s see how this plays out. I hear the insurance company is again insuring SAA. Things may change soon.

When I was looking to book my travel I saw SAA was in financial trouble. I would not book any future travel with them.

Wise move and much smarter than some of the travel agents. Recently, I too have had to scramble to re-arrange two regional flights operated by SAA. I guess in the larger scheme of things not a huge deal but the ripple effects on individuals can be very large, a concept missed by many. Any future travel with the (paid) assistance of a travel agency will be thoroughly scrutinized before committing.

I have done both types of international travel the past 20 years- using a travel agent and DIY. Actually my track record for DIY is comparable to using an agent. So in the future, after this current mess with SAA is behind me and unless some specialized or odd permitting is required, I'll probably lean heavily toward going completely DIY.

Starting on 29 February 2020, South African Air (and South African Express) will cease the following routes for Luanda, Entebbe, Ndola, Durban, Port Elizabeth, and East London as shown on the image attached.
What does that mean for clients already booked on SAA or Express flights to these destinations? What if you are traveling with guns?
SAA/ Express has advised that any passengers booked on these flights will be offered a refund or exchange to an Airlink or Mango flight. Airlink is expected to pick up the dropped routes and is the only airline on these routes that accepts weapons for transport.
We may only process refunds or exchanges for ticketed flights on the affected routes after SAA releases the changes and provides authorization to refund or rebook.
We are diligently watching for any changes to be released and will contact clients individually as soon as changes are made.

View attachment 330811

Thank you for the update as always most helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg