Ruger No 1 *** Questions ***

Hi, Kevin--I've shot my friend's with his 300gr handloads and mine with 400gr Hornady DGX. I'd say recoil of mine is more noticeable. He has since replaced the buttpad with something a lot softer and the difference is even more marked. I'm hanging on to my .450-400 No. 1 more for sentimental reasons, since I don't foresee taking it to Africa any time soon--I've since acquired a hefty double rifle in the 3 1/4" version that will be a lot more pleasant to shoot.
Tom,
What double did you get and where are the pictures?
 
Come on Tom, you know we live for pictures of doubles.
I would far rather have pictures of doubles than pretty women. What is more it is all hell to control their recoil, and near impossible to regulate.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,570,125
Members
168,845
Latest member
tisbtasconttip1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top