Asking $1350 Shipped FFL to FFL

7EYB9oJ.jpg
VMQk1Cp.jpg
JLyGQcV.jpg
kDRGniC.jpg
e5MnzQO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful. Is that a C barrel?
Kevin, we, or at least I call that an H barrel, being a 1H. I have never seen a #1 in .416 Rigby with any other barrel. I owned one up until 5-6 years ago. Good price too. I bought mine in about 2013 or 14 and paid $1000 in as new condition.

Last edited:
It is a fine rifle. Mine is 1H as well. The prefix is 133 instead of 134.
Krish

Kevin, I am not Snowball, nor do I play Snowball on television. However, I can tell you a little about the barrel question. It is a D barrel, not a C barrel. The rifle is the 1H model. The 375 H&H No. 1 rifles are all fitted, so far as I know, with C barrels. The 450/400s are nearly all C barrels. Ruger made a small number with D barrels, which is what the 458 guns all have. I have a 450/400 with the C weight barrel. This 416 rifle has the heavier D barrel, like the 458 guns. So far as I'm aware, Ruger has never fitted the Rigby No. 1 rifles with a C weight barrel. If you have inspected and handled examples of both, you can tell by the photos as well. It is simply thicker. I wouldn't want to shoot the Rigby cartridge in a C weight barrel, at least not very much! All of those calibers are in the 1H model rifle. Hope that clarifies the issue.

Does it come with rings?...............................FWB

Kevin, we, or at least I call that an H barrel, being a 1H. I have never seen a #1 in .416 Rigby with any other barrel. I owned one up until 5-6 years ago. Good price too. I bought mine in about 2013 or 14 and paid $1000 in as new condition.
I bought Sierra One's 416 Rigby a while back, imported it into Australia, then was convinced someone else needed it more than I; BUGGA !! As already posted, 416 Rigby No 1s were ALL "D" weight/profile barrels. I've since "obtained" an RSM Rigby barrel, with integral rib and bottom rib; what will happen to it I'm not sure yet....

I bought Sierra One's 416 Rigby a while back, imported it into Australia, then was convinced someone else needed it more than I; BUGGA !! As already posted, 416 Rigby No 1s were ALL "D" weight/profile barrels. I've since "obtained" an RSM Rigby barrel, with integral rib and bottom rib; what will happen to it I'm not sure yet....

Geoff, How long did it finally take before you actually received it?

Geoff, How long did it finally take before you actually received it?
It was well over three months, Amigo; I never actually had it in my hands, the Aussie dealer/importer was made an offer which I couldn't refuse. Never lost financially on the deal, in fact the return on investment was quite good, just no actual enjoyment of having it in my hands. Meanwhile, other temptations have arisen, and been fulfilled.

Once in great while you see one. I picked up one.
Krish
Now, to find an action with which to mate it; REALLY want to know what caliber the rifle finally became ... Must follow that up ...

I did not find an rsm action. Tjey are not easy to come by. I bought for the rear and front sight. But never did anything with it. Bought 4 cz barrels as well. No plans for them yet. Got everything to build a 404J but haven't gotten around it either.
May be may be not. Not in a hurry. Got sevral of those 416 rigby rsm. Went on collecting. No need to build one.
Krish

@geoff, off topic here. But I supose you could always sell that barrel to me and I could fit it to my RSM 375 h&h as I already have the magazine follower and other bits, if anything to take pitty on me and stop the temptation of having me go out and buy another Rigby Gig Game to Match my 450.

Snowball, have you shot this rifle? Wondering if it achieves minute-of-ground-squirrel. Any squirrels hit with it would be well ground, no doubt. Whereabouts in the mid-west are you located? Looks very green this time of year? Wish we would get a little of that rain. I'm in California. Many people in other states will not ship to us folks here. No blame for that, just a fact of life. Any concerns about that? I'm contemplating.

Snowball, have you shot this rifle? Wondering if it achieves minute-of-ground-squirrel. Any squirrels hit with it would be well ground, no doubt. Whereabouts in the mid-west are you located? Looks very green this time of year? Wish we would get a little of that rain. I'm in California. Many people in other states will not ship to us folks here. No blame for that, just a fact of life. Any concerns about that? I'm contemplating.

I have not personally. I'm in Minnesota just north of the Twin Cities, hasn't been super wet here but plenty for the weeds to grow. No issues shipping to California.

Well Mr. Snowball (I know understand your screen name, since you live in MN), I would like to own this fine rifle. I have an FFL here I routinely use, and he understands the nature of my addiction. He is very familiar with the process here. I guess your FFL will need to include a copy of that license in the box and get the necessary approval number through CA system to ship. I'll PM with info, and you can provide me with info about how I should handle the payment to you.
Thanks,
Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you