Road Rage

Saul

AH elite
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
3,712
Location
Key Largo, Florida
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
Well, it has been a long time since someone has actually gotten out of their car to threaten me, but I guess that it just means that I was overdue. Seriously, though, I actually had a guy try to run me off of the road and then stop traffic to get out of his car and threaten to kill me just because I was merging ahead of him. It is times like this that I am happy that I can carry a concealed weapon. Luckily, the situation did not escalate any further than that, but it is still comforting to know that I have the legal right and the physical means to defend myself if necessary. What I am trying to get at is that there are a lot of crazies in the world and it is up to law-abiding citizens to exercise their 2nd Amendment right and arm themselves. Everyone stay safe...and stay in your cars.
 
I agree whole heartedly and this is coming from a 13 year Police officer. I'm sorry that happened, I'm glad it worked out in the end and that you had the ability to defend yourself. I also would like to commend you on your obvious self control and not allowing this idiot to get you to escalate the situation. I am a firm believer in the second amendment as well as the concealed/ open carry laws. Well done sir and I'm glad you didn't have to kill that idiot though I'm sure it would have been no great loss to society.
 
Sounds like you handled the situation perfectly. Anyway, nothing ruins a nice shirt like having someone bleed on it. I don't understand road rage. Every car I have ever owned came equipped with a brake. When someone has a pressing need to get ahead of me in traffic I find that little contraption actually prevents a nasty collision and allows that person to carry on to their obviously very important appointment. Also, I have never, not once, found myself late for a meeting because I let someone cut in front of me. I figure that this fellow who confronted you has way bigger problems that he is not coping well with. Take comfort in the fact that his high blood pressure, or some other less measured person, will probably kill him while you are enjoying life and the game in Africa! You are the better man and he is just a failure. (y)
 
sounds like the situation was handled well despite someone else being foolish.

-matt
 
My question is are you one of those that fails to merge back in the line and then runs way up front, cuts off others, and forces your way into the line?

If not accept my apology.

If so you deserve a ticket and loosing your DL. I do not threaten anyone but those that do so deserve some bad karma.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,246
Members
169,513
Latest member
ElidaBible
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top