Right or Left Shooter?

Are you a Right or Left-Hand Shooter?

• Total voters
Interesting post and very interesting results. Righty shooting right is same percentage as lefty shooting left plus righty shooting left. That probably explains why I see so many lefty shooters on the safari videos on the outdoor channels (Tracks Across Africa, Hornady's Dark & Dangerous, etc).

Im left handed and shoot left handed.
It was a pain being left handed when i was young. Never could find a bolt gun that wasnt a righty. I did get good at shooting a righty bolt with my left, now a left handed bolt feels funny.
Thank god for the double !!!

Sam as Art Right handed Left eye dominate shoot rifles and shotguns left handed pistols right handed ...I shoot right handed bolt guns left handed not that I cant shoot a left handed bolt but reload better with a right handed bolt

Curiosity has gotten the best of me after a conversation I had the other day with a right-handed gentleman that shoots left-handed. I know of plenty of left-handed people who shoot right-handed for various reasons, be it eye dominance, left-hand rifle availability, and so forth, but I’ve wondered just what percentage of hunters shoot right-handed or left-handed.

I can’t imagine a better and more diverse group to get a good idea of what percentage of hunters shoot right or left.

Personally, my left hand isn’t worth anything but handing things to my right hand...except shooting. I can’t shoot as well left handed but surprisingly, I’m ok at it.

Are you...

1. Right-Handed and shoot right

2. Left-Handed and shoot left

3. Left-handed but shoot right

4. Right-handed but shoot left

5. Either
@RandyF
The right side of the body is controlled by the left side of the brain while the left hand is controlled by the right side of the brain.
Therefore we can conclude that ONLY LEFT HANDERS ARE THE ONLY ONES IN THEIR RIGHT MIND.
and yes I'm left handed but shoot right handed
Bob

I'm left handed and left eye dominant. I shoot left hand. Both of my son's are right handed but left eye dominant, they both shoot left hand rifles as well. It is much quicker pointing a shotgun or rifle when you are using your dominant eye. The other option is to close the dominant eye and shoot from the other shoulder. I tried that for a bit when I was younger. I found it slow and awkward. So, now I only own left hand or sigle shot rifles. The only exception is my new Blaser R8. I have both left and right hand bolts in case I want to loan it out to a right handed shooter.

Dumb question, do double rifles have left/right differences or does it not matter?
@North American 36
Yes it certainly does matter r if you are left or right handed with a double.
The stock can be cast on or off depending on how you shoot.
Bob

@North American 36
Yes it certainly does matter r if you are left or right handed with a double.
The stock can be cast on or off depending on how you shoot.
Bob
I might be a wuss, but my shoulder can feel a difference in shooting a big bolt gun that is a righty vs one that is a lefty. I have a 470ne single shot, that is cast off. I think the wrong angle adds to the pain ! Lol

Both of my sons are cross dominant. My oldest is left handed but right eye dominant. He medaled at state in trap so he learned to shoot very well. And with right handed guns thankfully.
My youngest is right handed but left eye dominant. He couldn’t hit a baseball to save his life right handed. I thought “this can’t be my kid!” They we switched him to left handed and he was smacking the balls. I knew there was no fighting it and I would be buying left handed guns from the beginning. We started with a Ruger American .308 (yes with Africa on our minds) and then I found the first Beretta 12g auto for sale in left hand anywhere. It seems at the time it must have been a dealer sample and should not have been for sale according to the Beretta folks. So far so good until we were working on shooting from sticks with the .308 and trying to reload while still in the scope. Jasper is not left handed just left eye dominant so working the bolt was difficult for him at that angle. He had to be
Bring the gun down to reload. What to do? Enter the Blaser R8 Pro S with the straight pull bolt. I got him a 7mm Mag barrel and we have not looked back. With many deer and one Namibia safari under his belt he plans to go with me and my group to the EC next year.
We love basketball and I enjoy helping kids with their shooting skills. These cross dominant boys confound me so I just tell them to go with what works! I can’t figure them out.
Regards
Philip

Left handed and left eye dominant. Forced to shoot rifles with right handed actions. But I do like my Rigby 275 ! I have managed in the last few years to acquire a Browning A Bolt and a Tikka T3 left handed, a Sauer 200 is on the cards also.

Interesting that so far, more left shooters than right. Hopefully we get more votes for a better comparison.

Right handed, and shoot right handed with both eyes open. I am left eye dominant, and I use my left eye when shooting a pistol with open sights. :oops::W Revolvers:

'Depends what the voices in my head say when I awake in camp....lol (10% of people are lefties, so I'd just venture to guess the same pans out in the hunting world.) Plenty of beautiful LH guns out there we RH'ers have to pass up!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!