REPORT: Disappointed with Taxidermy by Wild Africa Taxidermy

I am with Dennis 100% we are far from home we are relying on you for advice and guidance. You are all 100% excellent PH and outfitters it just seem that no one want so take responsibility for after the hunt and that is huge and from what i see and hear a significant issue. you guys know it is potential problems thats why you wont touch it. what I am saying is good service starts before during and after the hunt. you should know who is who and i really dont care if you get a kick back if you recommend shop xyz just be damn sure xyz does the job 100%.
what does it say about the place Marius is using when he has to go and personally check on the crates this year? It screams he cant trust them to do the job so why is he letting them near any clients stuff? answer me that why do business with people you cant trust to do the job correctly? why let a cleint do business with someone who is shoddy, it just comes back on you and your business. choose wisely work with the best and hold their feet to the fire. Makes no sense to me and I run small businesses and will not tolerate or deal with shoddy suppliers, etc. I am certain no PH in africa wants any client to have issues but guys get a better grip on that end of the business model is what I am saying.
OR just use Dennis and let him take care of the details and I can assure you he will do it right and stand by his word and those he deals with. Yes dennis does all my work and I wouldnt let a african taxidermist touch my stuff it not worth trying to saving a few dollars to get messed up stuff.

Buckdog, please see the date of the original post of this thread. I do not use Wild Africa, and have not since this incident.

Billc in my post I just mentioned dip and pack, it's very hard to inspect the quality in advance over the telephone or email, also there is no references like outfitters have to vet the company, you have to rely on past experience or your Outfitter if your new to African hunting. Most outfitters will tell you that the place they use does a good job. You even told me that the place that Pieter uses is based more on friendship than good work and customer service.

jeff even taxidermist that do dip/pack will have reference if you ask. If they have clients they have reference.

There are no references on any of the sites I have checked today, I still say it would be uncommon. We can kindly agree to disagree.

I was meaning you can call or email for them. This is just one of those things we will disagree on and no hard feelings at all.

My hunt with Marius ended with a stop at Hunters and Collectors. Lloyd did a great job of skinning turning ears and lips. Salting was done well and everything kept cool. Kevin@hunters and collectors has been great with communication and time frame expectations. Coppersmiths in the loop and my taxidermist is ready on arrival. KMG I'm sure will always do there best to insure trophies are well taken care of...SHIP IT HOME THEN YOU HAVE RECOURSE AND CONTROL!!!

It's funny I had a friends mounts come home from a Limpopo hunt. Not one single mount was done as directed, turned wrong ,not turned at all etc.Every mount straight on shallow shoulder mount with poor craftsmanship, He won't even hang them...sad to say the least

It's funny I had a friends mounts come home from a Limpopo hunt. Not one single mount was done as directed, turned wrong ,not turned at all etc.Every mount straight on shallow shoulder mount with poor craftsmanship, He won't even hang them...sad to say the least

I'm assuming from this that he never saw them before they got home. Another lesson in this. Even if you choose to do mounts in Africa (and I did) always get pictures during the process!!! Even the best can make a mistake in what is requested. The poor craftsmanship could have been seen as well.

With pictures he could have insisted they be fixed and had some monetary leverage to get it done. If they were so bad be won't display walking away would have been cheaper....

Actually, getting pics during the process applies here in the states as well, especially if taxi ot in same town and you can't just swing by for a peek.

I do, send picture of the forms altered and ready to mount...Don't put any skin on any form till the client states "YES, I approve " mount it.

Here is a dip pack invoice I have in my hand from an incoming shipment. I know how to save my clients $$$. These skins all Tanned out great, Lost 1 Impala and that was do to bad salting under the neck at the safari camp. And that I will replace for my client at no charge. Look at it closely. Doc fees and Crating fees ...No dip and pack trophy was more than 80.00 even the life-size lion, and eland and Buff. They all tanned out VERY NICE ! South Africa is a big place and this is just one dip and pack company that is not avail everywhere in the country.If your hunting in the west cape you not going to get east cape company to drive all across the country to pick up. So prices vary but this is a GOOD PRICE and GOOD PRODUCT. I just had these tanned and they are going to be great to work with. Now I'm going to get all kinds of requests for info. Guys and gals I'm in business this is my job and my livelihood. If you are MY client I work diligently with your PH and with YOU to make your import cost as reasonable as they can be ! ! Your taxidermist should be doing the same for your or you have the wrong taxidermist........I can't get this for everyone just those in this location in SA but I have many in a lot of area's that are in this price range.

Invoice Mr 1_zpshjsaes6e.jpg

Last edited:
Those are good prices especially including back skin on some!

I'm assuming from this that he never saw them before they got home. Another lesson in this. Even if you choose to do mounts in Africa (and I did) always get pictures during the process!!! Even the best can make a mistake in what is requested. The poor craftsmanship could have been seen as well.

With pictures he could have insisted they be fixed and had some monetary leverage to get it done. If they were so bad be won't display walking away would have been cheaper....

Actually, getting pics during the process applies here in the states as well, especially if taxi ot in same town and you can't just swing by for a peek.
He did absolutely no homework put all his trust in the outfitter and what a mess. I'm lucky enough to have a taxidermist who has you come by as the mounts are being customized. Plus it helps if he is your hunting partner

Dennis, what country was that invoice from?

just got my dip/pack bill it was 90 a animal and 200 for doc and crate in east cape RSA. I think I got good price and it has been less than 2 months since my safari and my tropies will be in the air tomorrwo or fri! So get ready dennis you got alot of work coming your way:D

buckdog who did the work for you?

buckdog who did the work for you?
Bill,
Andri Fox ran the show for me himself with the help of African Wildlife Artistry i am pretty sure Andri is an official dip/packer but I dont know if he takes any work other than for his people or maybe his good friend Beans and the Rex family in port elizabeth is doing the shipping. i will let you know when I get the crate and Dennis puts eyes on hands on how all is. But I would probably say all will be perfect as I saw the salting, etc operation and looked proper and Andri is not one to let things under his control get screwed up at all and would stand behind anything 100% like Dennis does with his taxidermy. Dennis doesn't BS he doesn't put a skin on until I say form is just how I want and he delivers and help put in trophy room.

Buckdog

Glad you got a good price and good service

With today's social media driven internet and forums it is extremely easy to spread the word if you were satisfied or less than satisfied with any service provider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois