Remington

Dr Ray

AH legend
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6,534
Location
Cairns, Australia
Media
53
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
7
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
I see Remington will close its NY factory.
Seems strange as trying to buy rifles or ammo is hard going.
Any comments or information greatly appreciated.
 
I see Remington will close its NY factory.
Seems strange as trying to buy rifles or ammo is hard going.
Any comments or information greatly appreciated.

There’s another thread on AH discussing this..

In a nutshell, Remington has new ownership. The new ownership wants to escape the unions and liberal state government in NY that is making it cost prohibitive and from a regulatory environment perspective difficult to manufacture firearms… so they are moving to the southern state of Georgia where business operations will be both cheaper and easier…
 
and gun-loving Americans think Texas, Florida, and Tennessee are the Promised Land.


Georgia is great!!! (especially, if we could relocate Atlanta to California), but I think our Governor just closed the door to all newcomers.

Sorry...




I'm not in love with our Governor, but Georgia was not closed in the least during the "pandemic".

DeSantis gets credit for Florida during the "pandemic", but Kemp was even more pro-freedom.
 
and gun-loving Americans think Texas, Florida, and Tennessee are the Promised Land.


Georgia is great!!! (especially, if we could relocate Atlanta to California), but I think our Governor just closed the door to all newcomers.

Sorry...




I'm not in love with our Governor, but Georgia was not closed in the least during the "pandemic".

DeSantis gets credit for Florida during the "pandemic", but Kemp was even more pro-freedom.
Californicate can have Denver too. We'll make it a package deal. LOL
 
Colorado needs to belong to cowboys.

Georgia needs to stay in the hands of us Hillbillies in the mountains and our Redneck brethren to the south!
 
There’s another thread on AH discussing this..

In a nutshell, Remington has new ownership. The new ownership wants to escape the unions and liberal state government in NY that is making it cost prohibitive and from a regulatory environment perspective difficult to manufacture firearms… so they are moving to the southern state of Georgia where business operations will be both cheaper and easier…

I have business interests soon/ in Georgia
 
Georgia is also where Glock has their US facilities located as well as a few other gun manufacturers… it’s a very firearm friendly state..
 
I see Remington will close its NY factory.
Seems strange as trying to buy rifles or ammo is hard going.
Any comments or information greatly appreciated.
It is very simple, You have an old, outdated factory that costs a lot of money to run in a state that is toxic when it comes to the firearms industry.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,840
Members
169,426
Latest member
deugwenetem1986
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top