Remington trigger

Strausser

AH veteran
Reaction score
I’ve got a Remington 700,if I recall correctly it’s from’68.
Anyway,the bolt shroud looks different than later models.
Anyone know if that poses a problem if I buy an aftermarket trigger?
Or are they all the same internally?
Was planning on getting rid of it,but since I’m testing out rustblueing and want to try some stock work I might as well use it for that.

I have an 1988 700 and a newer model ( not sure of the year) .The older was non adjustable, but the newer model had an adjustable trigger, I decided to replace the both. I bought a Trigger Tech triggers for both which were drop ins.
The Trigger Techs were less expensive than the Timneys and in my opinion a better trigger.

I have a six digit 700 SA from the mid 60's and have used a Jewell and a Bix 'n Andy trigger in it with no issues. Your '68 should not have any issues with any of the aftermarket triggers.

I fitted a Rifle Basix trigger to my Rem 700, pretty straightforward.

I would like to try the Trigger Tech triggers.

Most should be a drop in fit. Pricing varies a lot.

Check the Remington website and yours might be under the trigger replacement/warranty program. If it is, they will pay part of the replacement if you have it done at a Remington certified gunsmith. I’ve had several projects that fall into that category-easy fix, outstanding results.
When I am working with someone’s rifle, Iload work up etc to make it more accurate, the trigger is the first thing I replace as it makes a huge difference for very little money. I like Timney triggers but the others are good as well. You can e mail or call Timney, they have very good customer service

I know they have had that but I can’t find it.
And now it’s a new company.

Check the Remington website and yours might be under the trigger replacement/warranty program. If it is, they will pay part of the replacement if you have it done at a Remington certified gunsmith. I’ve had several projects that fall into that category-easy fix, outstanding results.
When I am working with someone’s rifle, Iload work up etc to make it more accurate, the trigger is the first thing I replace as it makes a huge difference for very little money. I like Timney triggers but the others are good as well. You can e mail or call Timney, they have very good customer service
I actually was about to send off an older Remington 700 for their “new” CMP trigger when they filed for bankruptcy. There were only a handful of contracted gunsmiths available for the trigger replacement recall and none in my state. I’m glad I didn’t send it off as it could’ve still been sitting in someone’s shop somewhere after the bankruptcy filing stopped the recall process and I’m guessing payments to the contracted gunsmiths?

When I found out about the recall and started down that rabbit hole, there were pages of gunsmiths approved including several in my state and one very near home. I wasn’t having the cmp put in but they would still pay a part even using your own choice of trigger-as long as the certified smith performed it. I would’ve guessed colorado to have lots of options, maybe they came later. . . ?

When I found out about the recall and started down that rabbit hole, there were pages of gunsmiths approved including several in my state and one very near home. I wasn’t having the cmp put in but they would still pay a part even using your own choice of trigger-as long as the certified smith performed it. I would’ve guessed colorado to have lots of options, maybe they came later. . . ?
Nope. Not one in Colorado. I had requested and received a shipping label from Remington and was about to mail the rifle off to one of their contracted gunsmiths in maybe Kansas?, but I procrastinated for a couple of weeks as I was thinking about maybe just installing a Timney trigger. Then the bankruptcy happened. I guess I was in their queue because every couple of months I received a federal court document as a plaintiff in the case keeping me apprised of the proceedings.

Just got in to tell you that trigger tech on sale at euro optic-sorry I was late!
0A219E38-9B1C-4D52-8145-1AF61154B7C4.jpeg

I’m a furriner so basically a nogo for me(yay itar),.
I do appreciate it though.

I fitted a Rifle Basix trigger to my Rem 700, pretty straightforward.

I would like to try the Trigger Tech triggers.

Most should be a drop in fit. Pricing varies a lot.

You'll love it
Mmm, I only have one Remington.

I retrofit the springs in my Tikkas, cheap fix.

I do like the triggertech concept, as a hunter, shooter I won't be going for a high end variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiamahi

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.