Remington trigger

Strausser

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Messages
127
Reaction score
197
Location
Europe
I’ve got a Remington 700,if I recall correctly it’s from’68.
Anyway,the bolt shroud looks different than later models.
Anyone know if that poses a problem if I buy an aftermarket trigger?
Or are they all the same internally?
Was planning on getting rid of it,but since I’m testing out rustblueing and want to try some stock work I might as well use it for that.
 
I have an 1988 700 and a newer model ( not sure of the year) .The older was non adjustable, but the newer model had an adjustable trigger, I decided to replace the both. I bought a Trigger Tech triggers for both which were drop ins.
The Trigger Techs were less expensive than the Timneys and in my opinion a better trigger.
 
I have a six digit 700 SA from the mid 60's and have used a Jewell and a Bix 'n Andy trigger in it with no issues. Your '68 should not have any issues with any of the aftermarket triggers.
 
I fitted a Rifle Basix trigger to my Rem 700, pretty straightforward.

I would like to try the Trigger Tech triggers.

Most should be a drop in fit. Pricing varies a lot.
 
Check the Remington website and yours might be under the trigger replacement/warranty program. If it is, they will pay part of the replacement if you have it done at a Remington certified gunsmith. I’ve had several projects that fall into that category-easy fix, outstanding results.
When I am working with someone’s rifle, Iload work up etc to make it more accurate, the trigger is the first thing I replace as it makes a huge difference for very little money. I like Timney triggers but the others are good as well. You can e mail or call Timney, they have very good customer service
 
Check the Remington website and yours might be under the trigger replacement/warranty program. If it is, they will pay part of the replacement if you have it done at a Remington certified gunsmith. I’ve had several projects that fall into that category-easy fix, outstanding results.
When I am working with someone’s rifle, Iload work up etc to make it more accurate, the trigger is the first thing I replace as it makes a huge difference for very little money. I like Timney triggers but the others are good as well. You can e mail or call Timney, they have very good customer service
I actually was about to send off an older Remington 700 for their “new” CMP trigger when they filed for bankruptcy. There were only a handful of contracted gunsmiths available for the trigger replacement recall and none in my state. I’m glad I didn’t send it off as it could’ve still been sitting in someone’s shop somewhere after the bankruptcy filing stopped the recall process and I’m guessing payments to the contracted gunsmiths?
 
When I found out about the recall and started down that rabbit hole, there were pages of gunsmiths approved including several in my state and one very near home. I wasn’t having the cmp put in but they would still pay a part even using your own choice of trigger-as long as the certified smith performed it. I would’ve guessed colorado to have lots of options, maybe they came later. . . ?
 
When I found out about the recall and started down that rabbit hole, there were pages of gunsmiths approved including several in my state and one very near home. I wasn’t having the cmp put in but they would still pay a part even using your own choice of trigger-as long as the certified smith performed it. I would’ve guessed colorado to have lots of options, maybe they came later. . . ?
Nope. Not one in Colorado. I had requested and received a shipping label from Remington and was about to mail the rifle off to one of their contracted gunsmiths in maybe Kansas?, but I procrastinated for a couple of weeks as I was thinking about maybe just installing a Timney trigger. Then the bankruptcy happened. I guess I was in their queue because every couple of months I received a federal court document as a plaintiff in the case keeping me apprised of the proceedings.
 
Just got in to tell you that trigger tech on sale at euro optic-sorry I was late!
0A219E38-9B1C-4D52-8145-1AF61154B7C4.jpeg
 
I fitted a Rifle Basix trigger to my Rem 700, pretty straightforward.

I would like to try the Trigger Tech triggers.

Most should be a drop in fit. Pricing varies a lot.
 
You'll love it
Mmm, I only have one Remington.

I retrofit the springs in my Tikkas, cheap fix.

I do like the triggertech concept, as a hunter, shooter I won't be going for a high end variety.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,323
Messages
1,572,901
Members
169,637
Latest member
HalOsulliv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top