Remington trigger

Strausser

AH veteran
Reaction score
I’ve got a Remington 700,if I recall correctly it’s from’68.
Anyway,the bolt shroud looks different than later models.
Anyone know if that poses a problem if I buy an aftermarket trigger?
Or are they all the same internally?
Was planning on getting rid of it,but since I’m testing out rustblueing and want to try some stock work I might as well use it for that.

I have an 1988 700 and a newer model ( not sure of the year) .The older was non adjustable, but the newer model had an adjustable trigger, I decided to replace the both. I bought a Trigger Tech triggers for both which were drop ins.
The Trigger Techs were less expensive than the Timneys and in my opinion a better trigger.

I have a six digit 700 SA from the mid 60's and have used a Jewell and a Bix 'n Andy trigger in it with no issues. Your '68 should not have any issues with any of the aftermarket triggers.

I fitted a Rifle Basix trigger to my Rem 700, pretty straightforward.

I would like to try the Trigger Tech triggers.

Most should be a drop in fit. Pricing varies a lot.

Check the Remington website and yours might be under the trigger replacement/warranty program. If it is, they will pay part of the replacement if you have it done at a Remington certified gunsmith. I’ve had several projects that fall into that category-easy fix, outstanding results.
When I am working with someone’s rifle, Iload work up etc to make it more accurate, the trigger is the first thing I replace as it makes a huge difference for very little money. I like Timney triggers but the others are good as well. You can e mail or call Timney, they have very good customer service

I know they have had that but I can’t find it.
And now it’s a new company.

Check the Remington website and yours might be under the trigger replacement/warranty program. If it is, they will pay part of the replacement if you have it done at a Remington certified gunsmith. I’ve had several projects that fall into that category-easy fix, outstanding results.
When I am working with someone’s rifle, Iload work up etc to make it more accurate, the trigger is the first thing I replace as it makes a huge difference for very little money. I like Timney triggers but the others are good as well. You can e mail or call Timney, they have very good customer service
I actually was about to send off an older Remington 700 for their “new” CMP trigger when they filed for bankruptcy. There were only a handful of contracted gunsmiths available for the trigger replacement recall and none in my state. I’m glad I didn’t send it off as it could’ve still been sitting in someone’s shop somewhere after the bankruptcy filing stopped the recall process and I’m guessing payments to the contracted gunsmiths?

When I found out about the recall and started down that rabbit hole, there were pages of gunsmiths approved including several in my state and one very near home. I wasn’t having the cmp put in but they would still pay a part even using your own choice of trigger-as long as the certified smith performed it. I would’ve guessed colorado to have lots of options, maybe they came later. . . ?

When I found out about the recall and started down that rabbit hole, there were pages of gunsmiths approved including several in my state and one very near home. I wasn’t having the cmp put in but they would still pay a part even using your own choice of trigger-as long as the certified smith performed it. I would’ve guessed colorado to have lots of options, maybe they came later. . . ?
Nope. Not one in Colorado. I had requested and received a shipping label from Remington and was about to mail the rifle off to one of their contracted gunsmiths in maybe Kansas?, but I procrastinated for a couple of weeks as I was thinking about maybe just installing a Timney trigger. Then the bankruptcy happened. I guess I was in their queue because every couple of months I received a federal court document as a plaintiff in the case keeping me apprised of the proceedings.

Just got in to tell you that trigger tech on sale at euro optic-sorry I was late!
0A219E38-9B1C-4D52-8145-1AF61154B7C4.jpeg

I’m a furriner so basically a nogo for me(yay itar),.
I do appreciate it though.

I fitted a Rifle Basix trigger to my Rem 700, pretty straightforward.

I would like to try the Trigger Tech triggers.

Most should be a drop in fit. Pricing varies a lot.

You'll love it
Mmm, I only have one Remington.

I retrofit the springs in my Tikkas, cheap fix.

I do like the triggertech concept, as a hunter, shooter I won't be going for a high end variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you