Remington 700

The Rem 700 BDL in 270 i bought ht in 1968 has seen 40 plus years of hunting. Some years in my late 20s close to 100 days of hunting per year (elk, deer, bears, varmints). It's on it's third barrel (Hart now). I gave it to my youngest son (the oldest is left handed and has a LH Rem 700 in 270). He got his first elk with it about 8 years ago. Never had a single failure to feed, eject, etc. Incredibly accurate from the factory Rem barrel to it's current Hart barrel. Though I have a CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery I love, I would still trust this 700 with my life (and I have in the past). Not so for the newer ones. I bought a Rem XCR II in 375 H&H in 2011 for an Alaskan brown bear hunt (light, weather resistant). It wouldn't feed Remington factory ammunition right out of the box. Took it to Kevin Weaver, my local gunsmith, the extractor was too big, and the chamber was rough to boot. He installed a Sako extractor, welded on the bolt handle (heard horror stories about that), and rechambered it to 375 Weatherby. Works great but wouldn't buy another 700.

7ymIhyM.jpg
gBLqnhB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!