Remington 700

The Rem 700 BDL in 270 i bought ht in 1968 has seen 40 plus years of hunting. Some years in my late 20s close to 100 days of hunting per year (elk, deer, bears, varmints). It's on it's third barrel (Hart now). I gave it to my youngest son (the oldest is left handed and has a LH Rem 700 in 270). He got his first elk with it about 8 years ago. Never had a single failure to feed, eject, etc. Incredibly accurate from the factory Rem barrel to it's current Hart barrel. Though I have a CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery I love, I would still trust this 700 with my life (and I have in the past). Not so for the newer ones. I bought a Rem XCR II in 375 H&H in 2011 for an Alaskan brown bear hunt (light, weather resistant). It wouldn't feed Remington factory ammunition right out of the box. Took it to Kevin Weaver, my local gunsmith, the extractor was too big, and the chamber was rough to boot. He installed a Sako extractor, welded on the bolt handle (heard horror stories about that), and rechambered it to 375 Weatherby. Works great but wouldn't buy another 700.


7ymIhyM.jpg
gBLqnhB.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,570,997
Members
169,090
Latest member
feiniwarrde1971
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top