Reloading powder AR2209

Dr Ray, I think that is the same as our H4350. If so, it is use massively by 6.5 Creedmore competition shooters. We have shortages on and off as well here in the US.
It was so bad the last couple of years that I started testing alternatives. I’ve changed to H414 in my 243, 30-06 and some of my 375 H&H loads.
If you can find H414 (Winchester 760), you might try it. Also Vitavouri’s N-150 and Norma’s 204 are similar.
Good luck in your search! It can be very frustrating!
Ridgewalker
You would have more chance of finding hens teeth or rocking horse poop while squeezing blood from a stone than finding any of those powders you mentioned in OZ.
Cheers mate Bob
 
Has anyone experienced difficulty in obtaining AR2209 reloading powder in Australia?
It’s an Australian powder and for some reason it’s unavailable at the moment.
@Dr Ray
One of my gunshop Arms &Ammo in Berresfield NSW has a,full shelf of 2209. I bought the last 4kg of 2208/Varget. 2209 was the only powder they had in stock. Not a kernel of anything else.
Bob
 
@Dr Ray
Other way around mate, we export powder to the USA where it's rebranded.
Don't bother trying to find anything in the Winchester range it's not being imported any more mate.
Bob

I got that wrong when I wrote it but I knew it was the other way around and there are many other powders that are exported and re-branded.
Actually I find that AR2209 is probably the best universal powder for just about every caliber.
 
I got that wrong when I wrote it but I knew it was the other way around and there are many other powders that are exported and re-branded.
Actually I find that AR2209 is probably the best universal powder for just about every caliber.
@Dr Ray
I have found one better good for most things from 204 Ruger to 375 H&H.
CFE 223 sits between 2208 and 2209 . Great powder but the bastard aren't importing it any more.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,879
Members
170,431
Latest member
TangelaMcC
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top