Reloading powder AR2209

zim.
this is not a problem when you can get swift or northfork, which are better bullets anyway.
there might also be a norma offering at least as good.
bruce.

dr ray,
you are going exactly the wrong direction in burning rate.
your 7mag using 2208 won't equal a properly loaded 280rem.
300 win mag using 2208 won't equal a 30/06 using 2209 with 165+ gn bullets.
bruce.

I was referring to the 416 Remington magnum. I asked gun shop today (Saturday in Australia) and the impression is that the AR powders will be arriving soon.
I agree that I wouldn’t use AR2208 in the above. I also don’t want to go to anything slower burning in 416 rem because they’ll be compressed loads. I’d be using 86 grains of AR 2209 with 400 grain Woodleigh hydro. This is around the maximum load without being compressed.
Thanks for your reply.

Dr Ray, I think that is the same as our H4350. If so, it is use massively by 6.5 Creedmore competition shooters. We have shortages on and off as well here in the US.
It was so bad the last couple of years that I started testing alternatives. I’ve changed to H414 in my 243, 30-06 and some of my 375 H&H loads.
If you can find H414 (Winchester 760), you might try it. Also Vitavouri’s N-150 and Norma’s 204 are similar.
Good luck in your search! It can be very frustrating!

Yes Ridgewalker the H4350 is actually the Australian powder AR2209.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully very soon the powders will arrive. My understanding is that it’s the road transport regulations are the problem and not the manufacture.

adi max is 88gn, but not with your bullet.
2209 can be compressed a lot and work well and safely if you work up sensibly.
one advantage of compressed charges is that you don't need to crimp in magazine rifles.
do not be scared of compression.
bruce.

zim.
this is not a problem when you can get swift or northfork, which are better bullets anyway.
there might also be a norma offering at least as good.
bruce.

Neither of them make anything heavier than 140 gr in .264.

well, one of the .284s is in my future, but probably 275 Rigby. ;)

BTW, finally found somebody who has them in stock.

rebelgunworks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wonder if they ship to the US.

I had thought of that, too, but N560 and N570 are the most recommended powders I've read about. Those seem to be in short supply as well. The Megas I can find, and at a good price, too.

here in oz we might not be able to get those powders or they are off the planet in price.
ar2209 (h4350) ar ar2213sc (h4831) is where we might look for that bullet in 6.5x55.

woooot!

Finally, Graf's has everything I'm looking for as of this morning.
MRP
Oryx 156
RL17 (haven't seen this in stock in a couple months)

Might as well order a 7# Varget while I'm at it

adi max is 88gn, but not with your bullet.
2209 can be compressed a lot and work well and safely if you work up sensibly.
one advantage of compressed charges is that you don't need to crimp in magazine rifles.
do not be scared of compression.
bruce.

Good point as o was going to crimp

Sgt Zim, we both missed out on a fantastic sale. Midway recently had 6.5 x55 Norma ammo with their 156 Gr Oryx for sale at $19.95 per box of 20. I didn't see it till they were sold out. I shot a 170 lb. doe for meat using that ammo last year. No complaints.

@Shootist43 - box of 20??? I thought the oryx came in boxes of 100. yeah, I totally missed that one. crap. oryx for 20 cents.

I did just buy 4 boxes of 9.3 norma brass at 50 cents each. I feel like I stole it.

gotcha. ammo, not components

good on you zim.
you haven't lived til you have had and used a 7mm.
the best thing is try the lot and then decide.
bruce.

It really is a hard choice. 275 Rigby and 280 Rem are my two top choices. Unfortunately, few choices in either of those. LH choices abound for 7mm-08 and 7mm RM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!