Recommendation for next safari requested

I would recommend Michael & Tienie Duvenhage at Uitspan Safaris in Namibia’s Kalahari region. I’ve hunted with them a half-dozen times now and keep going back. They are especially family-friendly, wonderful folks, and I virtually guarantee a great time & lifelong friendships. They will move heaven & earth to get you great experiences and great trophies.

They primarily hunt on their own enormous ranch but have access to many low-fence and no-fence areas too. My last trip to their place resulted in a 41” gemsbok & nice waterbuck. I’ve hunted mountain zebra with them in the Khomas region too. That’s something every hunter should experience. My biggest kudu to date came from a no-fence area not too far from Windhoek. I’ve been to Uitspan at different times with friends, my father, my wife, and my son. Without exception we’ve had wonderful adventures. PM me if you want more info.

Spend nights sleeping at the hunting camp 200 yards from the Botswana border (national park on that side). My first night there we listened to a lion roaring in the park…… so very many great memories.

It’s easy to get to Windhoek too, even with rifles. The country and airport are exceptionally hunter-friendly, and quite simple compared to the mess in J-burg. Last month I flew nonstop to Frankfurt and then nonstop to Windhoek. Two 10-hour flights with enough time between the two for a nap & shower makes it real tolerable.

Hi @Agrarler,

I can assist you in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. Please feel free to get in touch with me if you require any further info
info@mattanjasafaris.co.za

Sincerely

I may have already responded, but I would seriously look at Northern Botswana. A good friend runs Bokamosa, I hear great things about NKWE and Tholo. We have hunted with Herman and Stienie Nienaber on their ranch. They are all in truly wild areas. You will have leopard in camp at night and are likely to hear lion roaring most evenings. Eland an kudu are absolutely outstanding in this area.

Namibia - i can highly recommend Okondura Guestfarm - owned by Fam. Liedtke (= german speaking)
I spent there 8 hunting days in 2019 with my son (13) and daughter (10) …
A few nice day trips to do there!
Kannst mich gerne auf Deutsch kontaktieren

I have just returned today from a 10 day with Pieter Lamprecht’s Cruiser Safari’s in Limpopo just outside Thabazimbi. I took my 10 & 14 year olds. I hunted Buffalo of which he has a really good quality abundance of and my sons did a plains game hunt. His sable are some of the best I’ve seen. He has the largest at over 58” in his herd on the concession. My boys had a great time. It’s far from roughing it & the accommodations are great. His staff from cook to cleaning are exceptional. The first time I hunt with Pieter was in 2011 and his concessions consistently produce quality game. I’d go there with kids. It’s a great experience & his PH’s are wonderful with kids.
F3AEBE51-76A9-43A1-9AB7-90176FEBBE49.jpeg
03A13E72-42AE-4925-ABB2-BE71AE692824.jpeg
72B8E203-BBD6-469F-98F4-C9CE4D7A8D9B.jpeg
2062416B-9974-4E31-AD99-44D5DFBFC2F2.jpeg
01D99E40-F8FE-43B3-863B-D428571A71B2.jpeg
15FAC18B-6E80-4D62-A420-5C7444F522FD.jpeg

@Agrarler

We can help you in the North West province of SA with a nice easy 2hr drive after you touch down in Johannesburg to reach the hunting area there is no need for any additional flights. The lodge is yours for the time of your hunt with no influance from other parties. I am sure we can offer you and your sons the trip you have in mind. If you need any additional info please feel free to inbox me or email me at gerrit@ehw.co.za

My personal best
Gerrit

I must say I’m really impressed how much response there is on my post (reply’s and messages). Thank you for that!
I’m now in direct contact to some outfitters but it seems to be difficult to make the choice just because there are so many good options!

Last edited:
I’m now in direct contact to some outfitters but it seems to be difficult to make the choice just because there are so many good options!
Be careful, very careful. Some options look very promissing, however they are not. Two bufallo hunts in Zimbabwe made me US$ 20,000 poorer - and still no buffalo on the wall. Lack of bufallo…

Have you looked at Zambia as an option? There are a number of great operators that could give you some options.

Good day Agrarler, welcome to AH. GTA is a long standing Outfitting operation facilitating free-ranging safaris in Tanzania, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa and Cameroon. GTA's diverse offering in five countries provides clients with the flexibility to tailor their Safari to fit their specific needs taking into account their planned journey, experience expectation and species diversity selection. You are welcome to contact us with your specific needs or general plan and we can assist to design your Safari for consideration

You are welcome to email me on what you have in mind as the offerings in the various countries provides for different experiences. Enjoy the planning.

Hunting reports on AfricaHunting.com for Game Trackers Africa:
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/tanzania-three-generations-hunt-the-selous.45182/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...me-trackers-africa-in-the-eastern-cape.39710/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/tanzania-great-adventure-with-game-trackers-africa.40875/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...rk-continent-with-game-trackers-africa.40876/

We are also located in the East Cape , very safe area. Let us know if you need any assistance. Getting the kids involved is super exciting.

Hello again Agrarler,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris is located approximately an hour and a half to two hours drive from Windhoek.
The safari company and the not-high-fenced land is owned by The Hennings Family, a most wonderful family with equally wonderful camp workers.
Although they all speak multiple languages, German is their first language.

If you hunt with Khomas Safaris, you and your sons will enjoy it there very much.
And, our prices are not high.
When you have time, take a look at our web site and don’t forget to watch our videos also.
Furthermore, there are multiple posts here in the forum, from several clients who have hunted with Khomas Safaris.
Those posts are perfect places to learn what Khomas Safaris has to offer our clients, including hunting, fishing, horseback riding, Etosha Park Tours and much more.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello Agrarler

We can also assist you and your kids, you will be the only group in the camp at the time.

Eureka Hunting Safaris cater to provide exclusive hunts.

Dear all,
I’d like to get some recommendations for my next trip to Africa. I’m looking for a two week hunting trip with my kids next spring or autumn. After having then hunted two times in the same outfit in Zimbabwe it’s time to explore a new corner of Africa.
First priority: it has to be save and comfortable to reach as I’m travelling with the two boys (9 and 12).
We are looking for some personally environment, no need for luxury. The kids are quite experienced for their age because they’ve grown up with hunting and the outdoors.
We thought about Namibia or South Africa but are open to any advice. I’m really looking forward for your recommendations, preferably if you made positive experiences on your own.
Thank you in advance!
I just returned from Botswana hunting with NKWE Safaris. It was amazing. I’m going back as soon as I can. Jaco Visser the PH was really good and not only guided me and put me on big animals, but was patient and taught me a lot along the way. His Bushmen trackers were crazy good. They tracked my Kudu for 10 miles. My Eland almost 4 miles. As a Christian I’m not sure I should use the word magical but I’ve never seen anything like them.

I must say I’m really impressed how much response there is on my post (reply’s and messages). Thank you for that!
@Agrarler
No matter what your choice is one thing to take into consideration sideration when hunting with kids under 18 is:-
Make sure you Tate your children's birth certificates with you and are travelling without their mother you WILL NEED written permission from the non attending parent to travel. If travelling as a family you will still need the kids birth certificates.
When my wife, son and I travelled to Namibia in 2019 it was only with much arguing that our son was ours that we got into the country. Then we had a similar issue getting back out.
Child trafficking still happens in the world and they just want to make sure the children are yours.
We didn't know this at the time so now if we go overseas we carry all the documents/ certified copies that we need.
Have a great hunt with the kids. They will probably shoot more than you and you will beproud of what they do. They will come home different little munchkins with a different out look on the world and life. I know mine did.
Bob

@Agrarler

Make sure you Tate your children's birth certificates with you and are travelling without their mother you WILL NEED written permission from the non attending parent to travel. If travelling as a family you will still need the kids birth certificates.

Bob
thank you for this device- never heard before! I thought a pictured international passport for the kids would be enough…

Hello again Agrarler,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris is located approximately an hour and a half to two hours drive from Windhoek.
The safari company and the not-high-fenced land is owned by The Hennings Family, a most wonderful family with equally wonderful camp workers.
Although they all speak multiple languages, German is their first language.

If you hunt with Khomas Safaris, you and your sons will enjoy it there very much.
And, our prices are not high.
When you have time, take a look at our web site and don’t forget to watch our videos also.
Furthermore, there are multiple posts here in the forum, from several clients who have hunted with Khomas Safaris.
Those posts are perfect places to learn what Khomas Safaris has to offer our clients, including hunting, fishing, horseback riding, Etosha Park Tours and much more.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
@Velo Dog
Etosha is a truly amazing place where you can get up close to the animals near the lodges waterhole. An experience not to miss if in beautiful Namibia. The others I recommend are Okahanje markets on the way to Etosha an Nankara tannery.
To finish a remarkable journey Joe's beer house in Windhoek is a must even with the kids.
Geez I'm starting to sound like a travel brochure for Namibia.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThadHowell

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross