Recoil Reducers

A Past Magnum Recoil pad ( 1/2 inch thick) combined with a Decelerator will alleviate a lot of recoil from an 11 lb. 375HH. Less than an 06 or 308 to me. Shove, not a jab. This is for range work. I don't use anything in the field, don't feel it, don't hear it, concentrating on the target.

I have two 12 oz mercury recoil reducers installed in my CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery. They came standard with one from the custom shop. When I told them I wanted the balance point to be at the center of the magazine floor plate, they recommended adding a second one. The rifle weighs 12 lbs with steel Talley QR rings and a 1.5-5x Leupold scope. It's balanced perfectly, feels light and lively in my hands and points beautifully. I wouldn't want it any lighter. Recoil is still "sporty"

I have two 12 oz mercury recoil reducers installed in my CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery. They came standard with one from the custom shop. When I told them I wanted the balance point to be at the center of the magazine floor plate, they recommended adding a second one. The rifle weighs 12 lbs with steel Talley QR rings and a 1.5-5x Leupold scope. It's balanced perfectly, feels light and lively in my hands and points beautifully. I wouldn't want it any lighter. Recoil is still "sporty"
I added some weight to my 500 the other day, up from 10.4 pounds to 10.9 pounds, adding the weight barely changed the balance point which is good, I am also considering a slip on decelerator pad as I don't want to mess with the original recoil pad that is on the rifle, doing this may change the LOP a bit too much though. I'm yet to test fire it with the extra weight but I am sure it will help a little bit.

I have a genuine Blaser kickstop recoil reducer in my Blaser 500 Jeffery, the Blaser kickstop is a stainless steel cylinder filled with tungsten beads and weighs 600 grams, Blaser claims it reduces recoil by "about 20%" to be honest I can't imagine shooting my 500 without one of these recoil reducers fitted even if it is just for the extra weight. Having the extra weight in the butt actually doesn't make it butt heavy either as the safari barrels on the Blasers are extremely heavy, but this is definitely something you want to be aware of on rifles with a lighter profile barrel you can make them butt heavy and it really throws out the balance and feels weird.
So far my experience with recoil reducers is (y)

Is yours genuine mate?? Because Mialls installed an non-genuine one in my Blaser R8 416 rem mag and it threw the balance out. I contacted Blaser Germany and they sent me a Genuine one. Real dog act that was. ;)

Is yours genuine mate?? Because Mialls installed an non-genuine one in my Blaser R8 416 rem mag and it threw the balance out. I contacted Blaser Germany and they sent me a Genuine one. Real dog act that was. ;)
Yeah I have heard some bad stories but so far my experience with Mialls has been nothing but good. Definitely genuine in mine. I didn't even know you could get a non genuine that is directly interchangeable.

Yeah I have heard some bad stories but so far my experience with Mialls has been nothing but good. Definitely genuine in mine. I didn't even know you could get a non genuine that is directly interchangeable.

Good to hear mate. Yeah he had them made up because he couldn't get anything Blaser anymore. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross