Reactions instead of Likes

Okay I will ask on this thread instead of starting one- what are the red and green arrows with numbers by them in the beginning of some posts?

How do we know, out of all reactions, how many is positive, and how many is negative?

I really miss the old UI of the forum. Oh well, I guess things change and I should stop staring into the past. Change can be good, I guess!

The problem with the HaHa Icon on FB is that it is unclear whether the laugher is laughing (A) with the poster or (B) at the poster (in a mocking fashion). I did a poll once and it was about a 3-way split amongst those who mostly used it ... (A) ... (B) ... and (C) (both) ...

This one seems more like a mocking HaHa ... (despite the fact that it says "Positive +1") ... but it still could be the other ...

I think they need 2 separate laughter icons ...

I think it's a good system. It might give some posters pause as to what or how they express themselves. However, I don't want to see the healthy debate we enjoy fall by the wayside. I like the ribbing and "both sides of the coin" exchanges. I learn something new from nearly every post I read and hope I can contribute intelligently.

I think the thumbs down side could actually be a good thing. I know that I have, on occasion, wanted to give a scathing reply (not necessarily on this site) but just scrolled on. The thumbs down can show disagreement without the scathing reply. It's those types of replies that lead to arguments and ill-feeling.

And to be honest I don't care who likes my posts and who doesn't. Keeping score or being liked won't change what i have to say. Then again if I post something and every single person gives me the thumbs down then I MIGHT take a moment to think on that post....:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois