AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
The Reactions points system has changed from what we previously had which was just Likes. See below how the Reaction points are counted.

xf-reactions.jpg

Nice!

So @K-man cost me a point just because of an innocent smartphone comment I made. :V Make My Day:

LOL

So my only concern is one of civility. We have tended to not turn into one of those sites "that shall not be named" because, generally usually most of the time, we have tried not to precipitate conflict among ourselves. Now we have the option of an angry "smiley" face and a point ding to help us light a fuze. Not sure there aren't some unintended consequences waiting in the wings.

I can see a few who get a record number of dislikes. (n):cool::D

So my only concern is one of civility. We have tended to not turn into one of those sites "that shall not be named" because, generally usually most of the time, we have tried not to precipitate conflict among ourselves. Now we have the option of an angry "smiley" face and a point ding to help us light a fuze. Not sure there aren't some unintended consequences waiting in the wings.
I did think about that but I thought that we could give it a chance. I can always change it, if as you say, there are unintended consequences. I'm hoping that it won't devolve and I won't allow it if I see that is the case. If it gets abused I can make the Dislike be neutral or remove it entirely at any time. If that happens I'm able to rebuild the reaction score so that the Dislikes are not accounted for.

Although I agree it's a possibility I dont think it will happen. The other place sure didn't need a mean face to be, well, mean. I suspect that we will continue to police ourselves as we always have and that dislikes will be used infrequently and in a civil manner (except for @PHOENIX PHIL , but not much you can do about him ;) ).

I just made him unwhole

Yeah, joking about Blasers and Blaser owners will have consequences now. ;)

The Weatherby threads should also be interesting.

Just ordered two more muzzle brakes. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I appreciate all of the thoughtful feedback it helps a lot. Don't hesitate to share your thoughts or make me aware of issues. (y)

I appreciate all of the thoughtful feedback it helps a lot. Don't hesitate to share your thoughts or make me aware of issues. (y)

No complaints here and I presume for most of us too. Like Red Leg posted, there's a lack of acrimony here and none of the name calling and urinary olympics that occur on other forums.

Nice!

So @K-man cost me a point just because of an innocent smartphone comment I made. :V Make My Day:

LOL
With great power comes great responsibility....
If I had known at the time I might have used a different response, but then, well, It's ROYAL sooo....

With great power comes great responsibility....
If I had known at the time I might have used a different response, but then, well, It's ROYAL sooo....
He can spare one! Have you seen how many Likes he's got?

So, are the smileys the like dislike buttons?

I’ve often thought I would like a dislike button but short of a Dumb post it’s the little things like I dislike the post or maybe just the subject, Sharks, I hate them err yuck.thats not against the posting member. I’m not trying to rank them or take away from their overall credibility.
I may have joked about Blaser in an attempt at humour. I certainly have offended some,
It I will either try explain my way out, ignore or just throw more shit at someone pending the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg