Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Ravensview

AH senior member
Reaction score
Okay I will ask on this thread instead of starting one- what are the red and green arrows with numbers by them in the beginning of some posts?

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
How do we know, out of all reactions, how many is positive, and how many is negative?

Ruan Bouwer

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana
I really miss the old UI of the forum. Oh well, I guess things change and I should stop staring into the past. Change can be good, I guess!

Scholar

AH senior member
Reaction score
The problem with the HaHa Icon on FB is that it is unclear whether the laugher is laughing (A) with the poster or (B) at the poster (in a mocking fashion). I did a poll once and it was about a 3-way split amongst those who mostly used it ... (A) ... (B) ... and (C) (both) ...

This one seems more like a mocking HaHa ... (despite the fact that it says "Positive +1") ... but it still could be the other ...

I think they need 2 separate laughter icons ...

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
I think it's a good system. It might give some posters pause as to what or how they express themselves. However, I don't want to see the healthy debate we enjoy fall by the wayside. I like the ribbing and "both sides of the coin" exchanges. I learn something new from nearly every post I read and hope I can contribute intelligently.

Zambezi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia
I think the thumbs down side could actually be a good thing. I know that I have, on occasion, wanted to give a scathing reply (not necessarily on this site) but just scrolled on. The thumbs down can show disagreement without the scathing reply. It's those types of replies that lead to arguments and ill-feeling.

And to be honest I don't care who likes my posts and who doesn't. Keeping score or being liked won't change what i have to say. Then again if I post something and every single person gives me the thumbs down then I MIGHT take a moment to think on that post....:p

Latest profile posts

Enjoy the bush with Respect
20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings