Raven Rocks Huge Thank You!

dtec41

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, NWTF Diamond Life Sponsor
Hey all,

Just wanted to give you my recent experience with one of our site sponsors, Raven Rocks. I ordered some 7mm Tipstrike and Oryx bullets and some 338 230 grain Oryx that I’m thinking of taking to Africa. I’ve placed several orders with them before and it’s always been fast and easy. This one was exceptional! Instead of the 230 grain Oryx, they sent 2 boxes of 250 grain GTX’s. I emailed them the next day (before they opened) and gave them the order number and what I’d received. I thought I might hear something later that day or within a reasonable time. Laid my phone down and went to work.

38 minutes after they opened, I received an email apologizing for the mistake and the instruction to ”Keep the 250 GTX’s”.

20 minutes later, another email, with the info that the 2 boxes of 230gr Oryx were on their way!

Uh, ok. (That was fast!)

I need to make this right and pay for the 2 I received in error. Picked up the phone and called. Kelly was who had signed the email, must be a customer service rep.

Nope, owner!

I told her who I was and that I wanted to pay them for the 2 boxes of GTX bullets. She let me off the hook by saying she couldn’t take credit card info where she was and that a positive review would mean more to their business than the money. Gotcha, will do!

If you’ve ordered from them in the past, then you know. If you haven’t, give them a shot. Small, family run business, above and beyond customer service, awesome price, what else could you ask for.

They paid it forward to me and I’d like to pay it forward to the AH community. I’ll post the 2 boxes of 250gr GTX’s on the Pay It Forward section. All thanks to Raven Rocks Precision!

Cheers Everyone!
Doug

Being that an African trip is upcoming, how do you like the stable sticks?

I've not yet placed an order with them, but man they've tried to tempt me into getting stuff I don't need. Seems like I've not heard a bad word about them at all.
416 Taylor….. I’m thinking the same thing.

Being that an African trip is upcoming, how do you like the stable sticks?
I love them. I’ve been using since 2017. They take some practice and a different technique than a tripod but once you have it they are equally fast but so much more accurate. Send me a PM and I’ll give you some advice on using them.

416 Taylor….. I’m thinking the same thing.
I would love it if the 25ct boxes of brass were priced the same as the 250ct. 250ct is just soooo overkill for how many I need. I wound up having to hit up GunBroker for some brass there, but it worked out to a good price.

Now...the fact that they've got 1k of primed 380 brass for $100 right now is just insane. That's basically "buy the primers and get the brass for free" kind of stupid. I've got two in my cart right now.

I would love it if the 25ct boxes of brass were priced the same as the 250ct. 250ct is just soooo overkill for how many I need. I wound up having to hit up GunBroker for some brass there, but it worked out to a good price.

Now...the fact that they've got 1k of primed 380 brass for $100 right now is just insane. That's basically "buy the primers and get the brass for free" kind of stupid. I've got two in my cart right now.
Don’t think about it. Just hit the “buy” button!

Done :D I'd been looking at it the other day when it was still a smoking deal at like, 120 or so per K. Down at 100 including shipping is just screaming. I don't really go through that much 380, so that's virtually a lifetime supply for me too.
Wow. Email this morning was 20% off. Damn! How can you beat that????

1712378437358.png

They seem like they are fairly involved here to see us chatter, but just to be sure I figured I'd pass it along via the order too.

How ordered several times and will continue to order from them. Good customer service and very good with quick shipping.

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you my recent experience with one of our site sponsors, Raven Rocks. I ordered some 7mm Tipstrike and Oryx bullets and some 338 230 grain Oryx that I’m thinking of taking to Africa. I’ve placed several orders with them before and it’s always been fast and easy. This one was exceptional! Instead of the 230 grain Oryx, they sent 2 boxes of 250 grain GTX’s. I emailed them the next day (before they opened) and gave them the order number and what I’d received. I thought I might hear something later that day or within a reasonable time. Laid my phone down and went to work.

38 minutes after they opened, I received an email apologizing for the mistake and the instruction to ”Keep the 250 GTX’s”.

20 minutes later, another email, with the info that the 2 boxes of 230gr Oryx were on their way!

Uh, ok. (That was fast!)

I need to make this right and pay for the 2 I received in error. Picked up the phone and called. Kelly was who had signed the email, must be a customer service rep.

Nope, owner!

I told her who I was and that I wanted to pay them for the 2 boxes of GTX bullets. She let me off the hook by saying she couldn’t take credit card info where she was and that a positive review would mean more to their business than the money. Gotcha, will do!

If you’ve ordered from them in the past, then you know. If you haven’t, give them a shot. Small, family run business, above and beyond customer service, awesome price, what else could you ask for.

They paid it forward to me and I’d like to pay it forward to the AH community. I’ll post the 2 boxes of 250gr GTX’s on the Pay It Forward section. All thanks to Raven Rocks Precision!

Cheers Everyone!
Doug
I only buy from these people if I can!!!!

I've ordered from them 2 times, both times my ammo came super fast, great company to deal with!

I have ordered three times and got great service on some great products.they go above and beyond to help with the orders. I don't use the computer very good so they took my orders over the phone thanks again for all the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.