Rare Spotted Zebra Foal

That's pretty cool!!
 
Very cool. Always amazed at what nature can produce.
 
Wonder what that will go for on the auction block?
 
That is soooo cool. Almost looks like a quagga.
 
Neat video.

Looks like the mare breed with an Okapi.
 
My personal feeling about animals like this is that they are far to rare and special for me to consider shooting.

I was fortunate enough to see a white kudu once. He was not an albino as he had dark eyes and his stripes were present but very faint. He was not yet mature but had the potential to be a fine bull one day. In the moment I had very mixed feelings about whether or not I would have pursued him if he had been mature. After reflecting on it I decided that I don’t think I could have pulled the trigger.

I don’t know what the frequency of white color phase kudu are in nature but I know I feel very privileged having seen that one. I’m also doubtful I’ll ever see another one. Knowing that I left him and others might get the same chance makes me feel good about the encounter.

BD
 
Definitely one of a kind. Was that from a game farm?
 
Amazing! Thanks for sharing!
 
Similar spotted zebra. Photo take by Eric Balson at Lake Rukwa in the 1960's

thumbnail.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Found this one on FB

71113585_10158240117033538_5812783170466086912_o.jpg



A darted, asleep and not dead, pseudo-melanistic Zebra colt. An extremely rare pigmentation condition of which blood and hair samples were extracted for research here in this case.

Mare that is his mother, and the pseudomelanistic colt.

72099252_10158240123203538_6822195940674240512_o.jpg
71830961_10158240124083538_2537016359745748992_n.jpg
 
This picture had me going, especially when I saw you found it on FB, thought for sure someone had shot it.
After reading what @GA Hunter had to say, and feeling much the same myself...my heart dropped seeing his grin with the animal.
Glad it was only darted.
Some things are just too precious...
71113585_10158240117033538_5812783170466086912_o-jpg.308216
 
so does this "prove" that the zebra is black with white markings rather than the other way round :whistle:
 
Ain’t that something!
 
Nice, i guess if they are taken as trophies they are imortalised.
does anyone know what percentage may have markings that differ greatly from normal?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,326
Messages
1,572,988
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top