Rabbit problems

p.s. I don't eat rabbits, they are deficient in Vitamin C and deplete the consumers supply to digest the meat.
That (if true) didnt bother the 90% of Aussies that lived on rabbits in the bad old times.

p.s. I don't eat rabbits, they are deficient in Vitamin C and deplete the consumers supply to digest the meat. Young hares on the other hand are better eating and more tasty. note how the meat is darker. Another little known fact about the European hares of downunder is they are all hemophiliacs, wound them and they bleed to death.
pretty much all meat is Vit C deficient. What rabbits/hares/jackrabbits are all missing is fat. If rabbit is one's only source of meat, one had better find a source of fat. Most people will die within about 6-8 weeks if they're deprived of fat.

pretty much all meat is Vit C deficient. What rabbits/hares/jackrabbits are all missing is fat. If rabbit is one's only source of meat, one had better find a source of fat. Most people will die within about 6-8 weeks if they're deprived of fat.
I think I have enough of my own to go the distance. ;)

True, they are almost pure protein and I never fed any to my dogs. Hares on the other hand.

How is it then that all of the vegan idiots havent snuffed it lol!
They haven’t snuffed fat or protein, they just choose not source those needed elements from animal sources. Peanuts and legumes are alternatives frequently used. However I don’t believe it’s a healthy or safe diet. I’ve never meet anyone who followed that way of thinking whom looked healthy to me.

You can live on pure protein as long as you have another source of fat, pork e.g.
@Cervus elaphas
Get yourself a nice young rabbit, fill the cavity with yabbie tails, wrap it in bacon or pancetta and drizzle with chilli or lemon infused olive oil.
Put it in a covered baking dish and cook and enjoy.
My mum used to portion them and boil them with chicken noodle soup and crumb and deep fry.
Australian Kentucky fried rabbit.
Bob

@Cervus elaphas
Get yourself a nice young rabbit, fill the cavity with yabbie tails, wrap it in bacon or pancetta and drizzle with chilli or lemon infused olive oil.
Put it in a covered baking dish and cook and enjoy.
My mum used to portion them and boil them with chicken noodle soup and crumb and deep fry.
Australian Kentucky fried rabbit.
Bob
Sounds great Bob, I'll keep that recipe for the next young hare I collect with the pair of front radials. Don't see yabbies up here but prawns will do it.

How is it then that all of the vegan idiots havent snuffed it lol!
they're getting fat, just the wrong kind of fat - vegetable fat. Saturated fat (tallow, lard, suet, butterfat) is the healthy kind.

Worried about the island of North Otago. Perhaps you don't remember the horror movie "Night of the Lepus"....starring DeForest Kelley and Rory Calhoun. Rabbits attack and terrorize the SW United States. Told my grandkids about it. The terror......The Academy Award winning performances, award winning special effects.....and then we watched it together. Even the 7 year old hooted and rolled on the floor laughing. It is just tough to be afraid of a bunny..........FWB

Worried about the island of North Otago. Perhaps you don't remember the horror movie "Night of the Lepus"....starring DeForest Kelley and Rory Calhoun. Rabbits attack and terrorize the SW United States. Told my grandkids about it. The terror......The Academy Award winning performances, award winning special effects.....and then we watched it together. Even the 7 year old hooted and rolled on the floor laughing. It is just tough to be afraid of a bunny..........FWB
Sounds like Watership Down after a night on the booze

I got bitten by a “domesticated” rabbit once when I was a kid. My family and I went to a wildlife park and there was a part of it with sheep, goats, etc., that kids could go in and be with the animals. Two boys chased a rabbit and it ran up to me and bit my right shin. It drew blood and hurt like hell. I ended up having to get a tetanus shot. Little bastard!

Same thing happened to me with a Jaguar................we each have our nemesis.......yours is The Lepus I guess...:) ............FWB
A Jaguar loose in a wildlife park? Not going to that one! Ha! Ha!

I got bitten by a “domesticated” rabbit once when I was a kid. My family and I went to a wildlife park and there was a part of it with sheep, goats, etc., that kids could go in and be with the animals. Two boys chased a rabbit and it ran up to me and bit my right shin. It drew blood and hurt like hell. I ended up having to get a tetanus shot. Little bastard!
The dastadly cuniculus !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross