Questions about Cambodia and India possibly reopening for hunters

tigris115

AH fanatic
Reaction score
I was just farting around on the internet as I usually do when I read about some rumors that India and Cambodia may be reopening for hunters. I know things can move pretty slow with some governments so I'd like to know if any progress on this has been made in the past few years.

Ooh.... I wonder what will be offered in India. That would be a hunt I would have to seriously consider. :E Hmmm:

Ooh.... I wonder what will be offered in India. That would be a hunt I would have to seriously consider. :E Hmmm:
From what I heard, the operation will mostly stick to Madhya Pradesh. The big reason that hunting is being considered is because chital deer, blackbuck, wild boar, etc. have had a huge population increase and are devastating crops and overgrazing habitat for the endangered barasingha deer.

I'm sure an infusion of $$ from foreign hunters could help the problems of them eating crops. Also there are sure to be some locals that would love to become guides. Win-win. Bruce

Good news. Sustainable wildlife management, we have to learn to coexist and yes hunting and the $$$$ they bring have a HUGE impact.

Well, the sources about these two countries were from 2007 and 2009 respectively so some things may have happened. Sorry of I burst anyone's bubble:(.

If they open hunting in or around India's Kaziranga - all I can say is WOW!

I doubt it will ever happen, but it will sure be a dream hunt to take a single-horn rhino.

If they open hunting in or around India's Kaziranga - all I can say is WOW!

I doubt it will ever happen, but it will sure be a dream hunt to take a single-horn rhino.
Personally, I'd really like to have a go at the blackbuck and nilgai in Ganganagar (I have family there so I can just stay with them).

What a dream that would be! Nilgai, Chinkara, blackbuck and Sambar

Sambar...HMMMM I would love that. Although I did see some great Sambar in New Zealand.

I've been to both Cambodia and India but what species could we hypothetically take in Cambodia? Do they have Guar there? banteng?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.