Quarantine upon return to USA, Maybe

I went to the Grand Canyon last week, I could understand while riding on a bus or standing shoulder to should in some places, but I saw people hiking in masks. It was 30, snowing with 20mph winds.
And now, since you went to a Covid “hot spot” (AZ), you should be quarantining for 10-14 days! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Which is just stupid. I wear a mask in stores etc, inside. When I go walk or am just outside minding my own business by myself, forget it.
Well, just don’t be minding your own business without a mask on in the middle of nowhere in a National Park! The Covid drones might spot you ! Stay home and enter a wrestling tournament!

The mask restrictions in National Parks or federal land pretty much follow all the other guidelines.

If you can't social distance 6 feet wear a mask other than that you you don't need one. So if you are out hiking by yourself you are fine without one, if a friend or better half or other people are within 6 feet then wear a mask

Surely you don’t have to wear one if you are within 6 feet of someone you live with???

The mask restrictions in National Parks or federal land pretty much follow all the other guidelines.

If you can't social distance 6 feet wear a mask other than that you you don't need one. So if you are out hiking by yourself you are fine without one, if a friend or better half or other people are within 6 feet then wear a mask
JimP,
I understand what you are saying. But how do these guidelines RECONCILE with high school/college WRESTLING tournaments? It makes no reasonable sense to me as far as the goal to CONTAIN the virus? I may be a little slow, but I don’t get it?
CEH

Surely you don’t have to wear one if you are within 6 feet of someone you live with???
Don’t you?

And now, since you went to a Covid “hot spot” (AZ), you should be quarantining for 10-14 days! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Well I have had COVID and I have also had the vaccine, so I am going about life. I did also notice the double mask thing is starting to take off, I had on mask on the plane, the flight attendant asked me if I would like another one.

Wearing two masks is the next check in the box. The whole world will comply shortly, just hope Biden does not follow our dictator and mandate hotel stays for $2000 minimum costs immediately upon return. The Covidcraziness continues.

MB

Wearing two masks is the next check in the box. The whole world will comply shortly, just hope Biden does not follow our dictator and mandate hotel stays for $2000 minimum costs immediately upon return. The Covidcraziness continues.

MB
This is still America even if that's only for a short time more...I'd be happy to retire at 31 and go hunt off the lawsuit of them trying to mandate that I spend even $2 on a hotel instead of stay in my own home to "self isolate". No way

JimP,
I understand what you are saying. But how do these guidelines RECONCILE with high school/college WRESTLING tournaments? It makes no reasonable sense to me as far as the goal to CONTAIN the virus? I may be a little slow, but I don’t get it?
CEH

They all have their protocols and testing procedures allowing for the games to be played. Same with the NBA, NHL, NFL, and any other pro or college team. If you watch any college ball right now you will see that games are postponed or canceled every day because of covid

Well I have had COVID and I have also had the vaccine, so I am going about life. I did also notice the double mask thing is starting to take off, I had on mask on the plane, the flight attendant asked me if I would like another one.
I too have had Covid, but no available vaccine for me yet. I wear a mask when required, but I'm wondering about the double mask or any mask thing, when SO MANY people aren't wearing a mask at all when they're required to? Where I live, the mask mandate isn't being enforced by anyone or any Government entity. So YOU where a mask while hiking in the Grand Canyon and then on the plane back. Here, I go to a restaurant and the tables are staggered in accordance with the Covid guidelines. I then look at the bar area and there are 15 patrons sitting shoulder to shoulder with NO masks on because they are seated. This is per the guidelines I guess? And many of those patrons, I'm sure, will be flying or driving somewhere, sometime to a State/City/County throughout this great country of ours and potentially spreading the virus. Now, multiply this scenario by the hundreds of thousands (maybe millions?) of the same situation I have witnessed in ONE night. You might as well have left your mask at home? This won't end anytime soon until a vaccine is proven effective for the never ending mutations of the virus, and/or the virus dissipates over time as the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic did in the summer of 1919. Hopefully by this summer it will disappear. I'm just a "ray of sunshine" aren't I? Ha! Ha!

This is still America even if that's only for a short time more...I'd be happy to retire at 31 and go hunt off the lawsuit of them trying to mandate that I spend even $2 on a hotel instead of stay in my own home to "self isolate". No way
I wish we (Canada) was like that, our dictators been dictating for years now, the masses/sheeple and dumbed downs in Ont love him. Lets hope after 4 years of Biden you can still say the same.

MB

They all have their protocols and testing procedures allowing for the games to be played. Same with the NBA, NHL, NFL, and any other pro or college team. If you watch any college ball right now you will see that games are postponed or canceled every day because of covid
Very true! But with the pro teams (and maybe college now?), it's a business. The teams/individuals have the financial resources to isolate themselves from their teammates and families if they test positive. But K-12 athletes? My point here, is the virus has the potential to spread through some amateur contact sports participants to vulnerable family members/coaches/teachers for no justifiable reason. Masks and social distancing for everybody but athletes in non professional contact sports where their isolation from others is not possible? An effective vaccine will change this, but until everyone is inoculated, the virus will continue to be persistent.

I have no idea of what is happening in high school sports but a good friends son is playing college ball and they are watched quite closely. They even had a game tonight that was postponed because of the other team not passing their protocol on testing

MB
I wish we (Canada) was like that, our dictators been dictating for years now, the masses/sheeple and dumbed downs in Ont love him. Lets hope after 4 years of Biden you can still say the same.

MB
MarkB,
As long as the powers that be continue to throw money to the populace, they'll continue to prosper, until the bill comes do? Then. they're in the wind and everyone left is trying to figure out how to pay for it all?
CEH

This will not be anywhere near over in 100 days. Look for continued Covid BS for at least another year, perhaps longer. I dont think we are ever really going back to normal.
This is a good way to keep a firm hand on things, meaning the people. So even when or if Covid is licked they aint just gonna say Yea!! Its over, everybody go back to what you were doing before Covid.
I just dont see that happening, hope I am wrong.
I am looking back at what Obama did with H1N1. They didn’t want bad press and as it lagged on they told states to stop counting and reporting it! I don’t know the timeline but Biden will be hard on us at first then take credit when we reach (nearly there) herd immunity. Mark my words.
In the mean time we will all be miserable little surfs.
Philip

CDC.jpg

They can kiss my Royal Canadian Ass if they think I'm going to wear two masks, who dreams this sh!t up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg