Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI ; Rowland Ward
Hunted
United States ; South Africa
Booked my hunt the two weeks the last week of June and first weeks of July 2021 with Great Land Safaris and John Henry Keyser in Thabazimbi. Has anyone used Travel Express, AH Sponsor? Wondering if there is a difference booking through a travel agency vs booking directly with the airline?

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
...Has anyone used Travel Express, AH Sponsor? Wondering if there is a difference booking through a travel agency vs booking directly with the airline?

I have used @TRAVEL EXPRESS in the past and have been happy with them. For some airlines though you will pay them a small fee on top of the flight cost.

I would have used them on my next trip, but I am using vouchers and that has to be done through the airline directly.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMAL

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
I just booked through @TRAVEL EXPRESS. I will tell you to use a travel agent. She got me a better deal than direct with the airline and knows exactly what forms you need and airline notification(Qatar). Now as to hunting I am a little optimistic. I just rebooked my trip for oct1-16, 2020. Trying to get into Namibia for my caprivi hunt. Will advise and please wish me luck.

dtarin09

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI ; Rowland Ward
Hunted
I just booked through @TRAVEL EXPRESS. I will tell you to use a travel agent. She got me a better deal than direct with the airline and knows exactly what forms you need and airline notification(Qatar). Now as to hunting I am a little optimistic. I just rebooked my trip for oct1-16, 2020. Trying to get into Namibia for my caprivi hunt. Will advise and please wish me luck.
Best of luck and I am hoping you are able to travel!

TByrd

Gold supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
DSC, Trout Unlimited
I have used Travel Express in the past and have been happy with them. For some airlines though you will pay them a small fee on top of the flight cost.

I would have used them on my next trip, but I am using vouchers and that has to be done through the airline directly.

Tanks statement is absolutely correct. I will add that I had never used an agent for any travel (including intl)....prior to reaching out to Travel Express for my first Safari trip. The primary reason was the fact that I would be traveling intl with firearms for the first time. I considered it risk reduction/management. It turned out to be so much more. Covid, airline route changes, airline financial instability, etc. has impacted this “trip”. TE (Lori) has handled all of the “spaghetti mess” of the changes and other issues in a highly professional manner. Took a Great Deal of stress and worry off my shoulders. Great communication and customer service, highly professional and qualified. Long and short, trip is being hashed out for 2021 (after original dates of May 2020, then Sept 2020). I would highly recommend them, especially in today’s environment.

Just my 2 cents in answering your inquiry.

whitetail

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe

I really hope you are able to make it to Namibia and will be following and anticipating your report as I am looking to reschedule my hunt there that I should be on now to November of this year!

375Fox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
Booked my hunt the two weeks the last week of June and first weeks of July 2021 with Great Land Safaris and John Henry Keyser in Thabazimbi. Has anyone used Travel Express, AH Sponsor? Wondering if there is a difference booking through a travel agency vs booking directly with the airline?
I used travel express on my last trip and was really happy with them. Their fee is less than other hunting travel agents and service is very good. I stayed in South Africa too long this March while Covid was just starting, getting out of South Africa was very difficult, they were able to arrange everything for me while I focused on getting packed and back to town. It would have been very difficult me to arrange myself (and arrange properly with all the uncertainties). You can read my report if you’d like

Rum Runner

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Tanzania
I used @TRAVEL EXPRESS last year and I highly recommend them...especially now. The trip went flawlessly. These days, it would to have them on your team if things went to hell.

MMAL

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
I really hope you are able to make it to Namibia and will be following and anticipating your report as I am looking to reschedule my hunt there that I should be on now to November of this year!

Whitetail. I am heading out with Omujeve for own use elephant, trophy buffalo and hippo and a bunch of plains game including a lechwe. Who are you hunting with?

The way it is right now, I need a negative Covid test within 72 hours before arrival, i get another test on arrival, I then can quarantine in camp and hunt. Not sure what happens if for some reason I test negative in USA and positive in Namibia? Don’t want to think about it. It also means that I can not fly domestically in Namibia, so instead of a hour flight up to Caprivi, I need to drive 14 hours. TIA AND COVID!. The only issue I may have is if Namibia declares they are open but not to USA citizens. Flying JFK-Doha-Windhoek. Flight was $677 coach or $3,200 business. Best quotes I ever got heading to Africa. FYI Qatar mandates face masks AND face shields (Qatar supplies) for the duration of the flight. That should be fun? I can not leave the airport in Doha but although I have never been, I hear the airport and lounges are really nice.

Good luck everyone.

Tgood1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US canada africa
@TRAVEL EXPRESS are a top notch outfit. I have used them previously but this year Lori seamlessly arranged my travel (before covid), then arranged full refund. Both were just a few emails. Highly recommend them.

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America

@MMAL Thanks for reaching out to us again for your travel, my fingers are crossed that your trip will go off as planned

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Tanks statement is absolutely correct. I will add that I had never used an agent for any travel (including intl)....prior to reaching out to Travel Express for my first Safari trip. The primary reason was the fact that I would be traveling intl with firearms for the first time. I considered it risk reduction/management. It turned out to be so much more. Covid, airline route changes, airline financial instability, etc. has impacted this “trip”. TE (Lori) has handled all of the “spaghetti mess” of the changes and other issues in a highly professional manner. Took a Great Deal of stress and worry off my shoulders. Great communication and customer service, highly professional and qualified. Long and short, trip is being hashed out for 2021 (after original dates of May 2020, then Sept 2020). I would highly recommend them, especially in today’s environment.

Just my 2 cents in answering your inquiry.

@TByrd Awwwww thanks for the kudos - always a pleasure working with you!

whitetail

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe
Whitetail. I am heading out with Omujeve for own use elephant, trophy buffalo and hippo and a bunch of plains game including a lechwe. Who are you hunting with?

The way it is right now, I need a negative Covid test within 72 hours before arrival, i get another test on arrival, I then can quarantine in camp and hunt. Not sure what happens if for some reason I test negative in USA and positive in Namibia? Don’t want to think about it. It also means that I can not fly domestically in Namibia, so instead of a hour flight up to Caprivi, I need to drive 14 hours. TIA AND COVID!. The only issue I may have is if Namibia declares they are open but not to USA citizens. Flying JFK-Doha-Windhoek. Flight was $677 coach or $3,200 business. Best quotes I ever got heading to Africa. FYI Qatar mandates face masks AND face shields (Qatar supplies) for the duration of the flight. That should be fun? I can not leave the airport in Doha but although I have never been, I hear the airport and lounges are really nice.

Good luck everyone.

Sent you a PM just now.... Lori @TRAVEL EXPRESS -spoke with Jenn earlier in the week- planning on making it to Windhoek in early to mid November 2020 to hunt with Jacques Spamer. Will be in further contact soon- hoping to find out more of the situation on the ground in Namibia soon. MMAL has answered some of my questions but still have a few more mostly concerning the testing requirements prior to, during (and after?) the trip. Thus, will elect to wait on booking with you for a bit longer- will want to do the Dallas-Doha-Windhoek schedule on Qatar as I previously was scheduled to do. But this time maybe Business class since flights are a heck of a lot cheaper!

dtarin09

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI ; Rowland Ward
Hunted
Thank y'all for the feedback on Travel Express. Have already sent them an email and will be waiting to hear back from them soon. Appreciate all the additional insight provided!

MMAL

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia is opening up Sept 1st. Although I know of no flights scheduled before Oct. 1st. That may change now.

Attachments

• IMPLEMENTATION PROTOCOLS FOR INTERNATIONAL.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

ufg8r93

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA: GA, FL, SD, WI, WY, Limpopo SA, North West SA, England, Saskatchewan
I'm scheduled for late April/early May in Limpopo. I'm optimistic.

Also used @TRAVEL EXPRESS for the first time. Typically have booked direct. This time I didn't have the 930,000 miles Delta wanted for business class direct so flying with Qatar through Doha. Figured if I'm not using Delta I should pay an expert. Also like the "insurance" of using a travel agent given COVID uncertainties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John458Lott

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J