I have two planned for 2021, I as long as I am physically able to get to them, I am going to hunt. I am tired of just sitting and at home and waiting for some magical moment when there will be no danger left in the world.
Fingers crossed but at this time I have little confidence in it and am not planning anything. All it takes is for a spike in cases to put the kibosh on the whole thing.
It isn't just about not being any danger in the world, it was never that way before Covid. The problem is putting all kinds of effort, money, and planning into a trip that is at best only a possibility at this time.
Its the level of uncertainty that bothers me, not to mention the amount of inconvenience associated with world travel at this time and likely for some time to come.
Everyone is free to make plans of course but I will continue the wait and see for now.
I'm planning on going in 2022 because I figured this covid bullshit is gonna take at least a full year to go away. But I think there's definitely a possibility that it will go back to some normalcy in a few months. Good luck and I hope it works out!!!
I think there will be a vaccine, exactly when no one knows for sure, but they are talking about late this year or early next. There hasn't really been much incentive for a vaccine before this, the first world wide pandemic case of it at this level. I realize this is not the first Coronavirus to go around.
There will be a vaccine - several. I suspect at least one will reach approval readiness by mid-to late October (the Dems will declare it unsafe). The level of investment is unprecedented (all lives matter), and the President has brought in Army Logistics Command (4-Star CG is Deputy Director of the effort) to insure rapid production/distribution. Discounting the Russian claim, no viewer than 6 are already in Phase III testing/recruiting. I am unaware of any COVID vaccine development in the past that has made it through phase II. The science, particularly RNA and non-replicating viral vector technique has made real strides in just the last decade.
I am planning for June 2021. Plane tickets purchased and dates set for a 21 day safari in South Africa. I will keep planning as if it will happen up until it either happens or has to be canceled because we are still unable to travel. That is what keeps me going that I have something to look forward too in the future.
Fingers crossed as I just booked my trip for a nine day 10 animal safari. Booked my flights with travel express. They were great to say the least. Traveling with my 13 year old son makes things a little challenging.
I booked my next trip for 2022-figuring by then the airlines will have things sorted out and countries will be functioning safely and regularly. Taking my wife this time and need things to operate smooth as possible. Wish you all the best, hunting and otherwise
I am in regular contact with friends/ph's in s.a. and Mozambique, I do agree with their sentiments (south africa) that they can not endure another lost tourism and/or hunt season and will be opening asap regardless of statistics, they feel they they simply can't afford to
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.