Probability of hunting in 21

Brad Matteo

Reaction score
I have a hunt planned for may of 2021, what do you all feel are the chances of it happening? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I'd say keep the plan! I'm planning Romania and south Africa next april and may.

Last edited:

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
I have two planned for 2021, I as long as I am physically able to get to them, I am going to hunt. I am tired of just sitting and at home and waiting for some magical moment when there will be no danger left in the world.

TTundra

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Dont think the SA economy wants another season without US hunters just as much as we want to get there and hunt again. Have one for May of 21 as well.

Brad Matteo

Reaction score
We are still planning for the hunt as scheduled, but watching everything closely.
This is our first trip to sa, so excitment is high.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Fingers crossed but at this time I have little confidence in it and am not planning anything. All it takes is for a spike in cases to put the kibosh on the whole thing.
It isn't just about not being any danger in the world, it was never that way before Covid. The problem is putting all kinds of effort, money, and planning into a trip that is at best only a possibility at this time.
Its the level of uncertainty that bothers me, not to mention the amount of inconvenience associated with world travel at this time and likely for some time to come.
Everyone is free to make plans of course but I will continue the wait and see for now.

shark_za

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Limpopo, KZN, Free State, N-Cape, E-Cape
Locals have managed to get some hunting in, as of this week we are allowed to travel to leisure activities like hunting.
So hopefully another few months and the planes can start landing again.

Terry Blauwkamp

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, Dallas Safari Club, NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Nambia, & South Africa
I'm hoping to go yet in Nov of '20, but May 21 for sure.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I was just asked to be in a test group for a vaccine. A very large group so I suspect it is a late stage test. That seems to be a positive sign. (I declined, not feeling like a lab rat today)

R.M.C.

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
U.S. and Canada
I'm planning on going in 2022 because I figured this covid bullshit is gonna take at least a full year to go away. But I think there's definitely a possibility that it will go back to some normalcy in a few months. Good luck and I hope it works out!!!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I think there will be a vaccine, exactly when no one knows for sure, but they are talking about late this year or early next. There hasn't really been much incentive for a vaccine before this, the first world wide pandemic case of it at this level. I realize this is not the first Coronavirus to go around.

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
I was just asked to be in a test group for a vaccine. A very large group so I suspect it is a late stage test. That seems to be a positive sign. (I declined, not feeling like a lab rat today)

There are several companies currently conducting human trials.

Reactions: WAB

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
There will be a vaccine - several. I suspect at least one will reach approval readiness by mid-to late October (the Dems will declare it unsafe). The level of investment is unprecedented (all lives matter), and the President has brought in Army Logistics Command (4-Star CG is Deputy Director of the effort) to insure rapid production/distribution. Discounting the Russian claim, no viewer than 6 are already in Phase III testing/recruiting. I am unaware of any COVID vaccine development in the past that has made it through phase II. The science, particularly RNA and non-replicating viral vector technique has made real strides in just the last decade.

Mark Biggerstaff

Silver supporter
Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I am planning for June 2021. Plane tickets purchased and dates set for a 21 day safari in South Africa. I will keep planning as if it will happen up until it either happens or has to be canceled because we are still unable to travel. That is what keeps me going that I have something to look forward too in the future.

Still alive

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Fingers crossed as I just booked my trip for a nine day 10 animal safari. Booked my flights with travel express. They were great to say the least. Traveling with my 13 year old son makes things a little challenging.

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I booked my next trip for 2022-figuring by then the airlines will have things sorted out and countries will be functioning safely and regularly. Taking my wife this time and need things to operate smooth as possible. Wish you all the best, hunting and otherwise

Tgood1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
US canada africa
I am in regular contact with friends/ph's in s.a. and Mozambique, I do agree with their sentiments (south africa) that they can not endure another lost tourism and/or hunt season and will be opening asap regardless of statistics, they feel they they simply can't afford to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slynner

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...