Post Safari Depression

I suspect my depression will start Tues when I drive to BWI Airport to pick up my trophy crates from 2021 and 2022. Fortunately I have another AH'r going along.
 
I suspect my depression will start Tues when I drive to BWI Airport to pick up my trophy crates from 2021 and 2022. Fortunately I have another AH'r going along.
That just means to plan the next adventure.
 
My post safari depression has just cleared up. Celebrating receipt of my trophies with a glass of Rabbit Hole while reminiscing on the hunts.

IMG_20230207_155508355_HDR.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple new double rifles that I am looking forward to developing loads that will match the regulation.
Yup. I'm deliberately saving up a veritable boat load of handloading tasks in other cartridges for when I get back sometime in May.

That way, there will be fewer tears when I place the thoroughly cleaned Buff rifle all the way to the back of the safe...
 
my first trip was last April, it was a trip I had waited for for almost 50 years. thankfully my wife understood, kinda of. of course she told me you got it out of your system right? no! I will be going back again this time it will be for the animal I have always dreamed about thanks to all the writers "Cape Buffalo" I read about while growing up. well it is wheels up 71 days and counting, keep hoping for warmer weather as shooting a few weeks ago it was 17 degrees plus wind chill. will I go back after this trip? what do you think? good hunting and shoot straight
 
Get your wife to go with you, my wife doesn’t hunt but has fallen in love with Africa and told me I could never go back without her. She has even confessed to loving the thrill of the stalk and looking for the “right” animal. She even told me she was going to make out my next trophy list!
 
Get your wife to go with you, my wife doesn’t hunt but has fallen in love with Africa and told me I could never go back without her. She has even confessed to loving the thrill of the stalk and looking for the “right” animal. She even told me she was going to make out my next trophy list!
my wife would love to go but due to her physical conditional she would not be able to handle the flight over (back problems) maybe after surgery she might be able to go but will be sometime at least I hope
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,315
Messages
1,572,635
Members
169,597
Latest member
Stevenpoeni
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top