Portable or temporary loading benches

zzzippperr

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2014
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
After many years I am getting back into reloading. We are in a rental house until I retire and move back to St. Louis where my bench is. Since this is temporary I don't want to get into anthing to permanent. There is a bench that I could mount a press to but I'm not sure if I would have enough space because that is my do-it-all bench.

I have seen portable benches at Cabela's. Are these any good or is there a particular brand/style I should look for? Thanks.
 
How much does the portable bench cost?
 
This one?




Looks interesting. Never used one.
 

Attachments

  • reloadbench_zps47e2b31d.jpg
    reloadbench_zps47e2b31d.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 224
That is pretty sweet for $100
 
That kind of looks like the Stack On bench I bought on sale at Menards a couple years ago
 
My pc is acting up so this will be abbreviated. That is a Stackon and it runs from about $129 to $199 with the back shelf.

In my first post I was talking about a reloading stand made by Lee. It sells for $100. It really is just a stand and uses a concrete block to give it weight.

Since then I found at Cabelas a table made by Frankford Arsenal that sells for $129 that I think might be the best solution. It has a center section the a folding section on each side. It can be raised or lowered and has two Accubins.

Sorry I can't post pictures right now.
 
For a temporary loading bench I used a dood on two sawhorses for about two years.
It was cheap as chips and worked pretty well.

I was renting at the time and didn't know how long I would be sticking around so I didn't want to go making anything to permanent.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,466
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top