Portable or temporary loading benches

zzzippperr

Reaction score
After many years I am getting back into reloading. We are in a rental house until I retire and move back to St. Louis where my bench is. Since this is temporary I don't want to get into anthing to permanent. There is a bench that I could mount a press to but I'm not sure if I would have enough space because that is my do-it-all bench.

I have seen portable benches at Cabela's. Are these any good or is there a particular brand/style I should look for? Thanks.

How much does the portable bench cost?

This one?

Looks interesting. Never used one.

Attachments

• reloadbench_zps47e2b31d.jpg
    reloadbench_zps47e2b31d.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 121
That is pretty sweet for $100

That kind of looks like the Stack On bench I bought on sale at Menards a couple years ago

My pc is acting up so this will be abbreviated. That is a Stackon and it runs from about $129 to $199 with the back shelf.

In my first post I was talking about a reloading stand made by Lee. It sells for $100. It really is just a stand and uses a concrete block to give it weight.

Since then I found at Cabelas a table made by Frankford Arsenal that sells for $129 that I think might be the best solution. It has a center section the a folding section on each side. It can be raised or lowered and has two Accubins.

Sorry I can't post pictures right now.

For a temporary loading bench I used a dood on two sawhorses for about two years.
It was cheap as chips and worked pretty well.

I was renting at the time and didn't know how long I would be sticking around so I didn't want to go making anything to permanent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross