Politics

I've said it before but it's like the Republicans are playing checkers while the left plays chess

Nah.....

They are on the same team. People just think they have different goals. They don't.

Funny thing about the 2 Russians seeking asylum in US after taking a small boat to St Lawrence Island AK, 50 miles from Russia... I clearly remember the howls of ridicule and laughter levied by all the grade school educated MSM and other "celebrities" at Palin when they asked her, during her VP run, if she had any foreign affairs experience. She said she had some as governor of AK and could stand in Alaska and see Russia on a clear day. And that AK was being outfitted with early Patriot later potentially THAAD anti-missile batteries to help protect US from Russian missile attack. This is also about the time you could hear crickets in MSM newsrooms when Barry Hussein O was quoted as saying something about the "53 States in the US" or some such carp. Hmm?

Last edited:
Funny thing about the 2 Russians seeking asylum in US after taking a small boat to St Lawrence Island AK, 50 miles from Russia... I clearly remember the howls of ridicule and laughter levied by all the grade school educated MSM and other "celebrities" at Palin when they asked her, during her VP run, if she had any foreign affairs experience. She said she had some as governor of AK and could stand in Alaska and see Russia on a clear day. And that AK was being outfitted with early Patriot later potentially THAAD anti-missile batteries to help protect US from Russian missile attack. This is also about the time you could hear crickets in MSM newsrooms when Barry Hussein O was quoted as saying something about the "53 States in the US" or some such carp. Hmm?
I believe Tina Fey said that line about seeing Russia on SNL. It has gone on to become a main stream and misattributed quote.

Just like clapping seals most all the talking heads in the MSM and celeb TV picked it up and ran with it. Of course the community organizer of Chicago, BHO and Lunch Bucket Joe the crude, sleazy politician from the swamp were presented as imminently more qualified in foreign affairs. We are currently reaping the rewards with the demented pos Lunch Bucket as POTUS.

I noticed that the THAAD system is being or has been integrated with the current iteration of Patriot with a facility at Ft Greely AK with testing as needed at various sites including Ft Wingate/WSMR NM and Kodiak AK. Current mission focuses on North Korea intercept but obviously including Russia and China. It is a game of constant catch up on a fluid “chess board”.

Last edited:
Just like clapping seals most all the talking heads in the MSM and celeb TV picked it up and ran with it. Of course the community organizer of Chicago, BHO and Lunch Bucket Joe the crude, sleazy politician from the swamp were presented as imminently more qualified in foreign affairs. We are currently reaping the rewards with the demented pos Lunch Bucket as POTUS.

I noticed that the THAAD system is being or has been integrated with the current iteration of Patriot with a facility at Ft Greely AK with testing as needed at various sites including Ft Wingate/WSMR NM and Kodiak AK. Current mission focuses on North Korea intercept but obviously including Russia and China. It is a game of constant catch up on a fluid “chess board”.
Sadly, we have never deployed enough interceptors to make even a tiny dent in a Russian / US strategic exchange (we have only 44). Each Russian ICBM carries up to 10 independently targeted warheads which are released long before an interceptor could engage the ICBM itself (why the US is continuing development of mid-course technology). So, if every interceptor hit a warhead (highly unlikely) we could take out the payload of four ICBMs - They have 286 ICBMs able to deliver 958 nuclear warheads. :E Shrug: :E Shrug:

The system would have utility against North Korea.

Blame both parties. Neither was willing to support the expenditure with Armageddon so unlikely in the post-Soviet world.

Last edited:
20 minute video that's very educational.

Start with policies that prevent wanton waste--like green golf courses in Las Vegas--or to my mind, water out of the Colorado River AT ALL for Las Vegas, which is a major guzzler. We are going to have to address the water prob before Mead fails to provide electricity due to low levels! Israel's methods of making their deserts bloom should prevail.
So little of our tax dollars are used with wisdom. Even investment in "hardening" portions of the electrical grid (@250 Billion$) against EMP attack--or inevitable solar flares, falls on deaf ears.

Sadly, we have never deployed enough interceptors to make even a tiny dent in a Russian / US strategic exchange (we have only 44).
Blame both parties. Neither was willing to support the expenditure with Armageddon so unlikely in the post-Soviet world.
I recall the uproar of all sorts of self-interested parties on how to spend the "peace dividend" when the Soviet Union disintegrated. all sorts of politicians showed their true colors just as if they were a bunch of spoiled children fighting over who could get the largest piece of pie. Just as the teacher's unions response to the recent virus fiasco, our representatives showed a clear lack of wisdom or best interest for the country.

Start with policies that prevent wanton waste--like green golf courses in Las Vegas--or to my mind, water out of the Colorado River AT ALL for Las Vegas, which is a major guzzler. We are going to have to address the water prob before Mead fails to provide electricity due to low levels! Israel's methods of making their deserts bloom should prevail.
So little of our tax dollars are used with wisdom. Even investment in "hardening" portions of the electrical grid (@250 Billion$) against EMP attack--or inevitable solar flares, falls on deaf ears.

Your point on Israel is well taken. An Israeli company, Netafim, has led the way in high efficiency ag irrigation systems. Interestingly, when I was evaluating a blueberry production operation in Stellenbosch, they were using Netafim systems. Eventually the US is going to have to become more responsible with water utilization.

Lake mead is slowly filling back up. They stopped directing water to mead when it was near capacity. That's been the main culprit. As usual, the optics of the situation are controlled and manipulated by the media. They are now directing water back to mead ever since they started finding bodies of disgruntled democrats. Hell, maybe Jimmy Hoffa isn't buried in the end zone of the Meadowlands after all.

With regard to irrigation water utilization, in Central Washington we have irrigation districts that are basically a government agency with actions dependent on what happens at GrandCoulee dam. Utilization of water received are mostly a private sector decisions. A friend of mine is an orchardist He invested in a water system for a newly planted section of trees, a significant measure of its efficiency was how much water was available to the tree and how much escaped via evaporation. His neighbor planted similar trees adjacent to his, but. continued with the older sprinkler system. Now three years after planting my friends trees are producing cherries, the neighbors trees are not and they are about half the size of my friends- despite the neighbor using significantly more water. Once again, given facts the private sector can provide solutions.

Golf courses, local parks, amusement parks, schools, large commercial greenbelts, etc., should ALL be required to us the "non potable" water released from sewage treatment plants. The water is actually mostly safe to drink, but due to EPA regulations, it's not allowed for drinking water. Sure, they'll be a huge cost in piping the water, but in the grand scheme of things going into the future of continuing water shortages, it seems to me it would be the best option sans eliminating or drastically reducing watering at all.

Golf courses, local parks, amusement parks, schools, large commercial greenbelts, etc., should ALL be required to us the "non potable" water released from sewage treatment plants. The water is actually mostly safe to drink, but due to EPA regulations, it's not allowed for drinking water. Sure, they'll be a huge cost in piping the water, but in the grand scheme of things going into the future of continuing water shortages, it seems to me it would be the best option sans eliminating or drastically reducing watering at all.
I’m not sure about Vegas, but I do believe golf courses in Arizona are watered with grey water. Or maybe that was Mesquite NV.

73FEB03A-34EC-43EB-8856-1BB78B70DB97.jpeg

Would be nice if this plays out.

1665196695061.png

I'm hoping REalClear Politics is wrong with Washington. Smiley is putting up a good fight and Murray is running scared. The backbone of the DemonRat party in Seattle/King County has some cracks in it. The rest of the state would really like to dump Murray.

There is some very interesting news coming out of Ukraine today. The Kerch bridge is on fire and appears to be heavily damaged.

There is some very interesting news coming out of Ukraine today. The Kerch bridge is on fire and appears to be heavily damaged.
Story I read talked about a truck bomb taking out one span. The Kerch Bridge is multiple use, both vehicles and trains.

1665231264093.png

1665231370123.png

The focus on the efficacy or lack thereof of our current THAAD system in AK completely misses the point of both posts. Would be well worth fully understanding the lead up to the Obama-Biden vs McCain-Palin election and how the MSM/DNC manipulated both the choosing of McCain by using his ego, then destroying the ticket using false narratives about Palin. Throwing out side comments like “Blame both parties…” after the fact is telling. Elections have consequences and I believe we are reaping some of those consequences right now.

Putin is extremely dangerous and may be having delusions of Lenin. While our demented leader is on TV spouting about nuclear Armageddon with delusions of Kennedy during the Cuban missile crisis- for the express and desperate purpose of maintaining power after the November elections. Heaven help us!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross