Politics

I doubt that you've heard the last of Liz Cheney. She is obsessed and won't stop just because she lost Wyoming. Almost certainly she will run for President, either as a Republican (unlikely) or as a third party. Not with the intent of winning, but in order to siphen off enough Republican votes to cause Trump to lose. 3-10% would be probably be enough to spoil Republican chances.

I hope you're wrong. I hope it's not Trump running. And I don't think Cheney has that much juice.

Another Liz gem today

Screenshot_20220818-210440_Instagram.jpg

1660873057900.png

1660874393064.png

1660874421924.png

Unfortunately these overpaid pricks will do nothing....

IMG-20220819-WA0001.jpg

Yesterday or the day before. They arrested the guy earlier today ….
Man charged with murder after Thomas O'Halloran stabbed to death on mobility scooter in Greenford, west London

The Department of Education recently canceled $3.9 billion in student debt for people who were defrauded by ITT Technical Institute. Biden is poised to extend the freeze on debt repayments once again. The closely held progressive belief is that all college loans should be forgiven. Which means the taxpayers, who got nothing in return, get the honor of paying the student‘s bill.

What is it about student debt that makes it so special that the government wants to waive its magic wand and make it disappear? I think debt forgiveness is a bad idea regardless, but if we do it, why not absolve all debt? What about all the people who’ve borrowed money to start a business? Or, pay medical bills? Or…..you get the picture. Again, why student loans?

The only reason I can think of is that people who attend college are more likely to vote Democrat. The ultimate vote buying move. It’s the Dems version of trickle down economics.

For context….I went to college twice. My parents paid for my undergraduate degree. I paid for my masters, by working full time and going to night school. So I am not arguing against higher Ed. I just think people should pay for the stuff they purchase.

For context….I went to college twice. My parents paid for my undergraduate degree. I paid for my masters, by working full time and going to night school. So I am not arguing against higher Ed. I just think people should pay for the stuff they purchase.

I (and the army) paid for my undergrad degree.. I paid for both of my masters.. and I have paid for my doctorate (still not complete.. 1 more year to go)...

It genuinely pisses me off that people think student loans and other student related debt should be forgiven.. the banks are indeed getting paid back... the tax payers are just the ones doing it now rather than the individual students that took out the loans..

So.. I have worked my hind parts off for the better part of the last 40 years.. managed to pay the entire cost of all of my education.. which at times during my younger years required me to work a "career" job, a part time job, a military job (stayed in the guard), and pick up side/occasional work whenever I could find it..

All so I can now also pay for a whole bunch of other peoples education?

Ive got 1 kid that has completed college.. he came out with very little debt (scholarship student).. another 2 kids in college that are amassing very little debt (also scholarship students).. and another that will be going to school in a few more years that is also very well positions for scholarships...

They busted their humps all through HS.. and college.. and all have had PT jobs while in school.. so that they wouldn't have to amass a ton of debt..

But they (as taxpayers) should have to pay for other peoples educations also?

Pretty ridiculous....

I (and the army) paid for my undergrad degree.. I paid for both of my masters.. and I have paid for my doctorate (still not complete.. 1 more year to go)...

It genuinely pisses me off that people think student loans and other student related debt should be forgiven.. the banks are indeed getting paid back... the tax payers are just the ones doing it now rather than the individual students that took out the loans..

So.. I have worked my hind parts off for the better part of the last 40 years.. managed to pay the entire cost of all of my education.. which at times during my younger years required me to work a "career" job, a part time job, a military job (stayed in the guard), and pick up side/occasional work whenever I could find it..

All so I can now also pay for a whole bunch of other peoples education?

Ive got 1 kid that has completed college.. he came out with very little debt (scholarship student).. another 2 kids in college that are amassing very little debt (also scholarship students).. and another that will be going to school in a few more years that is also very well positions for scholarships...

They busted their humps all through HS.. and college.. and all have had PT jobs while in school.. so that they wouldn't have to amass a ton of debt..

But they (as taxpayers) should have to pay for other peoples educations also?

Pretty ridiculous....
It is ridiculous! Shifting their debt to the taxpayers makes fools out of all of us who paid our way, or paid our kids way through college (or both in our cases!) …as well as the people who took loans and paid those loans off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross