Politics

That is simply not true. It is typical revisionist history written by the same sort of people who condemn Washington and Jefferson for being slave owners. It was unregulated private enterprise run amok that drove the bison to the brink of extinction. The same thing was happening with commercial waterfowl hunting, the extermination of most whitetail east of the Mississippi, etc, etc. Fortunately, for all of us today, a farsighted man by the name of Theodore Roosevelt was just about to arrive on the scene.
The intention of the American government/army to starve the “Indians” into submission and the private sector’s desire to make profits from buffalo hides and tongues are not two opposed paradigms. Rather they went together quite nicely. President Grant believed that the extermination of the buffalo would lead to America’s “Indian Problem” being solved. Generals Sherman and Sheridan also viewed the extermination of the buffalo as central to forcing the Indians into a sedentary life on reserves. Thereby “pacifying” them and opening up the west. I assume that Generals Sherman and Sheridan, given their experiences in the American Civil War, were well aware of the importance-or should I say effectiveness-of destroying the enemies’ food supply. General Sheridan believed that killing all the buffalo was the best way to force the Indians to submit. Killing 30 million buffalo was a colossal undertaking. Enter the private sector. Which coveted buffalo robes and tongues was a great mechanism to get rid of the buffalo and starve the “Indians” into submission while securing high profits. The American government did not need to pay or force commercial hunters to kill buffalo as they did so to make money off the hides. A better marriage of convenience could not have been dreamed up. They reaped the rewards of the food crisis that the extermination of the buffalo caused to Native peoples.

Absent commercial hunters could the US army have killed all these buffalo? These counterfactual questions are impossible to answer decisively. . But if Sherman, Sheridan or Grant could have snapped their fingers and made the buffalo vanish they would certainly have done so. Getting rid of the buffalo was seen as the best way of essentially starving the “Indians” into submission. So the intent, on the part of the US government/army to starve the Indians into “compliance” was certainly there.

When you say that revisionist historians condemn Washington and Jefferson over slavery what do you mean by condemn?

This is so sad, and can't believe our government is doing this to our country.

The Congressman asking the tough questions is my Congressman, Mike Johnson of the Louisiana 4th District.

1652745884031.png

This is so wrong.
Actually what we need.
Recall Radar to active duty and assign him to the White House.
Within a month he have this country operating flawlessly, making America once again the world's leading country.

This is so wrong.
Actually what we need.
Recall Radar to active duty and assign him to the White House.
Within a month he have this country operating flawlessly, making America once again the world's leading country.
Gabby Johnson would be proud.

1652801489569.png

1652812847718.png

1652833601315.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbigailSuh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!