Politics

1644551684941.png
 
Isn’t it about time for the grown ups to take charge again?

"America's calling, Paul Volcker"

Sung to Chicago's, America's calling Harry Truman.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WAB
1644579481862.jpeg
 
1644579519500.jpeg
 
1644579543341.jpeg
 
1644588268272.png
 
1644592798877.png
 
1644602786565.png
 
1644605243042.png
 
1644618707782.jpeg
 
I am afraid the Ottawa situation will not end well….when Trudeau has all the power to end it without a confrontation to just lift the mandates…but I am sure he wants the win, regardless of the consequences. This will be a true wake up for us all on both sides of the border….pay attention, a turning point in this Covid debacle affecting us all. On another point, if you believe inflation at 7.5 per cent you have not been out of the house. Closer 15 per cent in reality for anything you are purchasing….labor is up 20 plus per cent locally, if you can find anyone that wants to work. Banks are flush with cash with minimal demannd.
 
Last edited:
1644622539968.png
 
Has anyone seen Premier Doug Ford? A fat guy with a very pale, deer-in-the -headlights look? Asking for 15 Million friends.
He was contacted by new media in Muskoka. He was on a snowmobiling holiday but he claimed to be in cell phone contact 24/7 with Ottawa. He may also be selling oceanfront property in Manitoba.
 
Well, I think Powell is trying to hold the line on rate increases and when he does, make them small and spread out. I don’t think he wants a complete repeat of the Jimmy Carter years.
I think Janet Yellen and Jerome Powell were playing politics as far back as June of last year when they stated over and over that burgeoning inflation was "transitory" and short term. They were being influenced by the stock market/free money and Brandon's election. They told Jamie Dimon and other financial experts who stated inflation will grow exponentially that they were wrong. In my opinion, the Fed has waited way too long to raise interest rates slowly and now we will see several (maybe many) hefty rate increases just this year alone. I don't believe rates will approach the Peanut Farmer's disastrous years in office, but it's NOT going to be pretty!
 
i think 7.5% is gross understatement considering how dishonestly they do the calculations. I wouldn't be surprised if it were twice that.
Yep, when you add non-essential "nice to have things" things like food and fuel it's closer to 11-12% NOW. Give it a few months when a barrel of oil hits $120 and see what fun we're in for. You'll have to take a loan out to buy a Happy Meal!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,242
Members
169,512
Latest member
ciathornresle1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top