Politics

Unbelievable!
Sad state of affairs? Sure BUT if you buck the system, or take the law into your own hands, be prepared to suffer the aftereffects. I remember a couple of guys I worked with who went exempt on their tax withholding forms, didn't file returns and refused to pay when the IRS sent them letters. They had some baseless argument against paying taxes. In the end, they got an all expenses paid multi-year vacation in a federal facility and still had to pay!

Sad state of affairs? Sure BUT if you buck the system, or take the law into your own hands, be prepared to suffer the aftereffects. I remember a couple of guys I worked with who went exempt on their tax withholding forms, didn't file returns and refused to pay when the IRS sent them letters. They had some baseless argument against paying taxes. In the end, they got an all expenses paid multi-year vacation in a federal facility and still had to pay!
However, there is a difference here. Paying taxes or not paying taxes is not a constitutionally protected right unlike freedom of religion. Even Canada has their Charter of Rights and Freedoms that guarantees both "freedom of conscience and religion" and "freedom of peaceful assembly".

https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-h...ide-canadian-charter-rights-freedoms.html#a2a

However, there is a difference here. Paying taxes or not paying taxes is not a constitutionally protected right unlike freedom of religion. Even Canada has their Charter of Rights and Freedoms that guarantees both "freedom of conscience and religion" and "freedom of peaceful assembly".
Agree but when rights are infringed, there are judges and courts to settle it. This pastor should have went to court and asked for relief like the churches did in California. The point was, you buck the system, without going through proper channels, you suffer the consequences.

Here's the way I look at that fiasco:

no_common_sense.jpg

I believe this entire incident was handled inappropriately by the Canadian authorities. This should have been a simple summons issued to appear in court instead of a "felony car stop" and handcuffed "while kneeling on the pavement" (really?) for a violation of a Covid congregation regulation. The tactics used here are for potentially armed criminals committing a serious offense and not for a Pastor bucking Covid rules.

I believe this entire incident was handled inappropriately by the Canadian authorities. This should have been a simple summons issued to appear in court instead of a "felony car stop" and handcuffed "while kneeling on the pavement" (really?) for a violation of a Covid congregation regulation. The tactics used here are for potentially armed criminals committing a serious offense and not for a Pastor bucking Covid rules.
In our way of thinking, yes but the politicians wanted an example plastered on the news and social media and they got it. Be interesting to see who holds the same sort of services next.

In our way of thinking, yes but the politicians wanted an example plastered on the news and social media and they got it. Be interesting to see who holds the same sort of services next.
The politicians are just preparing us for the upcoming future, of our police state!

While Alberta is run by the Progressive Conservatives, the City of Calgary from what I can tell has a Liberal majority city council and mayor. The pastor was arrested by City of Calgary Police. (Liberal and Conservative there are the political parties and not their political philosophies so to speak). I will say I'm surprised that something like this happened in Alberta and not Ontario or Quebec.

That's one of the calling cards of tyrants.

I've probably posted this quote in this thread at least once, but we're almost 500 pages in and I don't feel like looking for it, so here it goes again

It is a grave error to suppose that a dictatorship rules a nation by means of strict, rigid laws which are obeyed and enforced with rigorous, military precision. Such a rule would be evil, but almost bearable; men could endure the harshest edicts, provided these edicts were known, specific and stable; it is not the known that breaks men’s spirits, but the unpredictable. A dictatorship has to be capricious; it has to rule by means of the unexpected, the incomprehensible, the wantonly irrational; it has to deal not in death, but in sudden death; a state of chronic uncertainty is what men are psychologically unable to bear. -- Ayn Rand

As a German it is always funny to read the Hollywood versions of WW1 and WW2. To the US-guys: please remove your occupation troups from our County and finish WW2 with a Peace contract. Trump was on the right way to do so. Thank you.

As a German it is always funny to read the Hollywood versions of WW1 and WW2. To the US-guys: please remove your occupation troups from our County and finish WW2 with a Peace contract. Trump was on the right way to do so. Thank you.

Is it a common sentiment that the US is an occupying force there?

Many of us view it as an assist to deal with the possibility of Russian tanks rolling through the Fulda Gap. That has been a pretty consistent threat since 1947, though it slacked off a bit in 1991.

Russians can be trusted to do what is in their best interest.

I don't have a problem with redeploying US troops to another European country who would not view them as an occupation force.

On the other side of that coin is the question: Is Germany competent and able to protect itself?

And, at just about any point in history since 1945, if U.S. forces had not been deployed in Germany, what is the likelihood that Soviet tanks would, in fact, have rolled through the Fulda Gap?
Your welcome! ;)

The future of Germany is with the east and not with the west. I recommend to the US guys the following video:

Be honest, your troops are not protectors. The protection of Germany is part of a Hollywood view (the other part ist the written history: USA covers the russian war crimes und Russia covers the US war crimes ) .
I want to add, that this thoughts are very actual: The US wants to prevent the gas pipeline North Stream 2 from Russia to Germany. Maybe you heard about it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois