Politics

It really depends on the school and the state it is located in...

On the low end, there are schools with annual tuition rates around $7K.. generally speaking you can double that number once you factor in housing, books, meal plans, parking, and all of the other stuff they hit you up for.. so think in terms of $12-$15K annual..

On the high end.. there are schools that no shit are charging $70-$75K per year for just tuition alone (Harvey Mudd, Univ of Chicago, and Columbia are all around $75K.. Most of the Ivy League and a handful of other schools are north of the $70K per year mark (Northwestern, Sara Lawrence, SMU, USC, etc)..

That said.. many states now have state level, statewide scholarship programs for students that graduate high school with reasonable GPA's that can offset these costs quite a bit.. and the schools themselves have fairly robust departments that specialize in getting students grants and other forms of financial aid..

For example.. Harvey Mudd.. one of, if not the most expensive schools in the US... annual tuition is more than $75K.. but the average student pays about $33K a year after grants, scholarships, and other aid is provided...

Still an insane amount of money when you figure the cost of an undergrad degree from Oxford or Cambridge in the UK is about $12K a year (two of the finest universities in the world)..

But that is the difference in the US university system and the systems you find in other countries..

Elsewhere the priority is education.. in the US the priority is "experience"... Experiences cost money... and now that universities cant provide those experiences.. they cant compete... and kids are dropping out like flies and pursuing other options..
I don't necessarily disagree with the meat of your post, but as a point of order, the tuition fees for a US citizen (or any other international student) are more in the region of $30,000 to $50,000 per year.

The $12,000 fee rate is for UK students only (and all my course mates bitched about paying even that).

What's interesting about the UK is that ther is a maximmum allowable fee any course or insitution can charge - £9,000 per year. As such, every course and university, from medicine at Cambridge through to performing arts at the local polytechnic charges that fee.

Students always say it's a rip off, and yet almost every course hits capacity and there are often tens of applicants a place, so the market suggests that this is if anything undervalued.

For my part, I'd say that some courses represent 'good value' and some don't. Certainly few would argue that racking up £40,000 in debt for a mathematics, hard science or engineering degree from Cambridge or Oxford or is a better deal than £40,000 worth of debt for a degree in Rap History from Salford University...

Fact check as you libtards like to say....27 witness say he never said it--it doesn't fit the narrative of a president who has helped the military so much. ACTUALLY, IF YOU WANTED TO REMEMBER DISRESPECT FOR THE MILITARY, HEARKEN BACK TO OBAMA THE CHOSEN ONE'S WORDS ABOUT WOUNDED VETS: "THEY CHOSE IT" AS WARRIORS, not to mention not saluting or returning salutes to soldiers as he got off planes and helicopters.
I guess trump saying John McCain wasn't a war hero and he likes people who don't get caught is a liberal lie too. Must have been a pretty good lie since Cindy McCain supported Biden...who is going to win Arizona...

I think we all cringed at some of Trump's statements. In the end, he was his own worst enemy.

Old saying "Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton". Today, it's don't pick a fight with someone who owns a TV network. He did both.

fab88ed398066230360e3c466e4cc603a4a56e990ba98804e1ca281bff336b20.jpg

Attachments

• UG-ICC-UserGuide-5-11-CO.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
I think we all cringed at some of Trump's statements. In the end, he was his own worst enemy.

Old saying "Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton". Today, it's don't pick a fight with someone who owns a TV network. He did both.
These so called media outlets got a much deserved bitch slap by Trump. They are nothing but propaganda machines anymore.
They would hate him just as much anyway.

We will spend the next 4 years listening to them slobber over Biden, and worshipping the evil man.

Vietnam era college tuition...... 1965 Freshman private college tuition for me was $485.00 per semester ...today same Midwestern private university...$19,400 per semester..tuition only. Just built a new building for the School of Dance...as a major. Liberal arts, no engineering major available. Science, liberal arts, business, music and dance Majors. 60 per cent placement upon graduation.

Vietnam era college tuition...... 1965 Freshman private college tuition for me was $485.00 per semester ...today same Midwestern private university...$19,400 per semester..tuition only. Just built a new building for the School of Dance...as a major. Liberal arts, no engineering major available. Science, liberal arts, business, music and dance Majors. 60 per cent placement upon graduation.

Higher education and health care have way outpaced inflation in the past 50 years. There needs to be an adjustment in both.

Higher education and health care have way outpaced inflation in the past 50 years. There needs to be an adjustment in both.
There is a study from the mid-1990s that attributes the rapid increase in Healthcare costs to the cost of technology. Tuition is another matter. But, anything involving skilled labour, or specialized knowledge - "information age" stuff - seems to have grown so much since then.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burst Pipe Delays Election Results in Georgia’s Biggest County​

By Leia IdlibyNov 3rd, 2020, 9:39 pm​

_________________________________________________________________________________________

BREAKING: Open Records Request Finds NO INVOICES OR WORK ORDERS on Reported Election Day Water Main Break in Atlanta — SO WHY DID THEY REALLY SHUT DOWN VOTE COUNTS THEN???​

I don't necessarily disagree with the meat of your post, but as a point of order, the tuition fees for a US citizen (or any other international student) are more in the region of $30,000 to $50,000 per year.

The $12,000 fee rate is for UK students only (and all my course mates bitched about paying even that).

What's interesting about the UK is that ther is a maximmum allowable fee any course or insitution can charge - £9,000 per year. As such, every course and university, from medicine at Cambridge through to performing arts at the local polytechnic charges that fee.

Students always say it's a rip off, and yet almost every course hits capacity and there are often tens of applicants a place, so the market suggests that this is if anything undervalued.

For my part, I'd say that some courses represent 'good value' and some don't. Certainly few would argue that racking up £40,000 in debt for a mathematics, hard science or engineering degree from Cambridge or Oxford or is a better deal than £40,000 worth of debt for a degree in Rap History from Salford University...

Completely understand your point..

What I was trying to point out is... for a UK student to attend one of the finest universities in the world, that is in the UK.. the cost is astronomically lower than for a US student to attend a fairly "average" to below average university in the US...

This is even true when you start to factor in the differences in wages, standards of living, costs of living, etc.. between the two countries..

Education is one of the places you guys have us seriously beat in terms of getting the best value for your money..

FWIW my MBA is from a large school in the UK.. and my MS in Strategic Management is also from a school in the UK (albeit a bit smaller school.. it is still a fairly good size).. My bachelors is from a school in the US.. and the doctorate I am currently working on is with a school in the US... the approach and the priorities in how university level education is presented and pursued is incredibly different between the US and the UK I have found.. If its not obvious.. I think the UK has gotten a lot right that the US has gotten terribly wrong in the past 20-30 years... Not that I havent found the professors in the UK to be just as far left leaning as those in the US as a rule.. but the system itself and how those left leaning professors assert themselves in the classroom is far better on your side of the pond..

Are you supposed to salute if not in uniform.
Fact check as you libtards like to say....27 witness say he never said it--it doesn't fit the narrative of a president who has helped the military so much. ACTUALLY, IF YOU WANTED TO REMEMBER DISRESPECT FOR THE MILITARY, HEARKEN BACK TO OBAMA THE CHOSEN ONE'S WORDS ABOUT WOUNDED VETS: "THEY CHOSE IT" AS WARRIORS, not to mention not saluting or returning salutes to soldiers as he got off planes and helicopters.

Are you supposed to salute if not in uniform.
I have always thought that since he is the Commander and Chief over the US including the military and that a suit is his uniform and if someone in the military salutes him then it should be returned.

I remember there being some hubbub about it back when Regan would salute those in the military

A difference between the dems and Republicans:

Google "2016 Election Riots" then "2020 election riots" ... unfortunately, this is how they win.

Screenshot_20201111-203532_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201111-203837_Chrome.jpg

A difference between the dems and Republicans:

Google "2016 Election Riots" then "2020 election riots" ... unfortunately, this is how they win.

Somehow, this goes overlooked. The media will not talk about it. The same rioters/looters that protested are celebrating and spewing more nonsense about how Trump supporters should shut up and accept the results.

I am dumbfounded beyond belief of these election results. Not in a "I never saw this coming" way, but in a "are people really this blind/dumb/irrational" thought. I can only pray America turns a corner soon. But I fear we are on a path to destruction.

You have to wonder why a Secretary of State or a Director of Elections would use Dominion.

Ron
@CodeMonkeyZ

What we have learned so far from reading the Dominion Voting System manual:

8:37 PM · Nov 11, 2020·Twitter Web App

1. Votes can theoretically be ignored for individuals if a straight ticket vote is selected. This setting could very welI enable "Repubiican"-style typo fraud. Many complex rules decide how the "straight ticket" option works.

2. Network Security is very weak since all software access keys use the same cryptographic pair. This gives plausible deniability to whoever potentially decides to mess around with voting settings. It cant be proven who changed a setting since everybody has the same key

3. Digital certificates are not protected by password, and Dominion user manual explicitly says not to enter a password. This enables potential for bad actors to MITM attack data traveling over network between precinct tabulator and central tabulator.

4. Cryptic "split rotation" function that features the ability to "force a maximum deviation". There is no definition of a "split rotation", so we cannot know what "force a maximum deviation" means in this instance.

5. Local IT guys have ultimate power to clandestinely change settings, thus having the ability to potentially alter an entire election. There are no checks and balances or observers of the local IT guy when he accesses machine debug and admin settings. Its unclear if logs exist.

6. Dominion is a black box with votes ultimately tabulated in a central server system. Who has access to the central server and where is the manual and security reviews of that server software?

7. Settings could theoretically have been changed during evening downtime on first night of voting. Much easier to change settings on hundreds of machines than to forge thousands of ballots. A couple of people could have done it quickly.

8. State of Pennsylvania requested semantic changes to the Dominion voting software, possibly to aid in their lawfare efforts. The word "Cast" became "Print", obfuscating the moment when your vote becomes officially cast. For what reason is currently unknown.

9. There is an option to force the vote scanner to "overrun" a preset amount of ballots EVERY time anybody pauses the scan mid-batch. "Overrun" is undefined. Potential for abuse is high with this function, which was added shortly after 2018 mid-term elections.

More to come later. Many people have sent me (completely publicly available) Dominion security audits, documents, manuals, and state contracts. Have a lot of reading to do. If there are any potential election fraud settings hiding in plain sight, I will do my best to find it.

For the record, I don’t give a shit what you think. Disrespectful schmuck.
On this one day per year which has been set aside specifically to honor our veterans, lets just do that regardless of political views. Let’s celebrate and be grateful for American Heroes. It matters not who is Republican or Democrat.
Thank you. If it weren't for veterans like me (30 years, 6 months, 8 days) there wouldn't be a United States of America.
To all you "schmucks": What have you done for your country??

I guess trump saying John McCain wasn't a war hero and he likes people who don't get caught is a liberal lie too. Must have been a pretty good lie since Cindy McCain supported Biden...who is going to win Arizona...
Nope, that one's true--but that doesn't make the "losers" quote true--it was a lie, and you bought it because you have TDS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois