Politics

To the fellow talking about online college vs brick and mortar.
Not wrong on the costs! I’m doing a diploma (I can’t remember what you Americans call that), costing me $5250 total. The same course, cheapest I could find from a university, was $12000.

Not sure of what the costs for college are anymore- I graduated in 1977, but my son's daughter is a 4th year student in a state school and isn't deeply in debt. She was part of a program in high school called something- start (I forget the something, jump or quick maybe) at any rate when she graduated from high school she also received an AA, equivalent to 2 years college. So going to the state school with resident tuition she only had last year and would have had this year, but for the virus screwing things up. But the virus notwithstanding, someone can get a four year degree without having to mortgage their entire future.

I had resisted it until now, but I must concede that I have found another ignorant, irritating, and ill informed European to put on my ignore list.
Red Leg.
Only if findings are shared, discussed and reviewed, disproved or further developed in the further process will we make progress in a global society.
So don't-waver in your friendship with Europe.:D Beers:

If I may be so bold, I think @Red Leg is a lot like me in that we like to deal in facts. If someone wants me to convert to their point of view they had better bring the facts, not their feelings.

If this particular offender (also on my ignore list) truly believes the rubbish he is posting then I'm sorry to say no amount of debate will bring me to their point of view and no amount of facts given to them would change their feelings.

I'm sure Red Leg did not mean all Europeans, just the ones who don't know what they are talking about

The Trump/Russian collusion theory has been totally debunked. Some people just need to move on from it.

will we make progress in a global society.

I think this is one of the core issues/problems Foxi..

Many Americans (close to half), have no interest in a "global society"...

That doesnt mean we cant have "friends"... but that does mean we want to put the interests of our country, our people, and our way of life first...

Germans should put Germany first.. Italians should put Italians first, etc.. and make sure they take care of their peoples interests..

Many Americans have gotten tired of being concerned for the welfare of other countries when its clear that those countries have no real interest in the welfare of Americans.. They only look out for themselves..

I think this is one of the core issues/problems Foxi..

Many Americans (close to half), have no interest in a "global society"...

That doesnt mean we cant have "friends"... but that does mean we want to put the interests of our country, our people, and our way of life first...

Germans should put Germany first.. Italians should put Italians first, etc.. and make sure they take care of their peoples interests..

Many Americans have gotten tired of being concerned for the welfare of other countries when its clear that those countries have no real interest in the welfare of Americans.. They only look out for themselves..

Double thumbs up and a big +1

Not sure of what the costs for college are anymore- I graduated in 1977, but my son's daughter is a 4th year student in a state school and isn't deeply in debt.

It really depends on the school and the state it is located in...

On the low end, there are schools with annual tuition rates around $7K.. generally speaking you can double that number once you factor in housing, books, meal plans, parking, and all of the other stuff they hit you up for.. so think in terms of $12-$15K annual..

On the high end.. there are schools that no shit are charging $70-$75K per year for just tuition alone (Harvey Mudd, Univ of Chicago, and Columbia are all around $75K.. Most of the Ivy League and a handful of other schools are north of the $70K per year mark (Northwestern, Sara Lawrence, SMU, USC, etc)..

That said.. many states now have state level, statewide scholarship programs for students that graduate high school with reasonable GPA's that can offset these costs quite a bit.. and the schools themselves have fairly robust departments that specialize in getting students grants and other forms of financial aid..

For example.. Harvey Mudd.. one of, if not the most expensive schools in the US... annual tuition is more than $75K.. but the average student pays about $33K a year after grants, scholarships, and other aid is provided...

Still an insane amount of money when you figure the cost of an undergrad degree from Oxford or Cambridge in the UK is about $12K a year (two of the finest universities in the world)..

But that is the difference in the US university system and the systems you find in other countries..

Elsewhere the priority is education.. in the US the priority is "experience"... Experiences cost money... and now that universities cant provide those experiences.. they cant compete... and kids are dropping out like flies and pursuing other options..

This will probably piss off a lot of people but remember, when you die, you'll vote Democrat.
Stay healthy my friends.
e-laugh.gif

Yeah, China Joe certainly bamboozled the masses....aka...Low information voters.

As was said before a lot of the voters voted against Trump and not for Biden per say.

I have said that Trumps problem is that he is not a politician and that right there got him into more trouble than anything else. That and his Twitter account.

Happy Veterans Day. For the record, I dont think you are the suckers and losers the president thinks you are.
For those of you suffering from TDS, it's a good thing for you all that you have and endless supply of totally fabricated propaganda and false narratives to get you through the day... Otherwise, you would have nothing but pure emotion to base your nonsense upon. It would actually be humorous if it wasn't so pathetic.

I have said that Trumps problem is that he is not a politician and that right there got him into more trouble than anything else. That and his Twitter account.
What's important to recognize @JimP is that these 2 elements you list are also responsible for getting him elected in the first place...

It will be interesting to see how the courts eventually resolve this.

I am fairly confident that no one on the Supreme court really wants to invalidate the election. With court packing still barely below the fold, a "conservative" court opting to send the election to the House and Senate where Republicans hold a state count advantage in the House would herald in a wave of accusations against a "politicized" court. Assuming the House votes party line, it would also be heralded as an action ignoring the wishes of the majority of the population (that pesky popular vote). I am fairly confident that no voice in the MSM would be supportive.

However, setting aside voter roll and ballot management issues, mail in voting (as distinguished from absentee voting) is clearly a license to steal, and I suspect members of the judiciary would like to nudge the various state legislatures in that regard. Remember also, any of these issues will arrive on appeal one at a time rather than bundled.

Assuming, Georgia remains blue through its recount, and nothing defying technical explanation is found in Wisconsin (Michigan's gap is too big) a remedy aimed at just PA would make a statement, without changing the actual result.

Musings only. I have no clue.

Last edited:
Happy Veterans Day. For the record, I dont think you are the suckers and losers the president thinks you are.
And thank you for trivializing something I hold to be very important.

Speaking of TDS, I saw yesterday that some pundit is afraid Trump will give up our vital secrets. If so, I hope he does it in the approved manner by keeping them on an unsecured server in his house.

For the record, I don’t give a shit what you think. Disrespectful schmuck.
On this one day per year which has been set aside specifically to honor our veterans, lets just do that regardless of political views. Let’s celebrate and be grateful for American Heroes. It matters not who is Republican or Democrat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.