Politics

@Dragan N. You are absolutely correct. I am not against immigration, its the overwhelming numbers that are the problem. I have relatives in Toronto and as a consequence visit every so many years. I was last there a couple of months back. It was hard to recognize it as the same city. Much of the green space and agricultural areas have been swallowed up for housing. What used to be low density suburbs now resemble fields of giant termite mounds (condominiums). Housing, both buying and renting, is unaffordable. Crime is escalating, hardly a day went by without a shooting or stabbing on the news. Relatives warned us to not use the train system due to assault risks. This is all the result of uncontrolled population growth. Social stress and demand that can't be met by available resources.

Sadly, the effect isn't just being felt in the major cities. As Toronto becomes unaffordable, greater numbers of people are moving out to the rural cities. As a direct consequence, their prices are now skyrocketing and more farming land is being taken over for housing.

Unfortunately the same thing is happening in my country and no-one is willing to reverse the trend.
Oh the random acts of violence and homicide that is now plaguing Toronto is something else. The city decided to start demolishing the homeless encampments that are found throughout the city- in parks, under bridges etc... Due to the economic crisis and housing unaffordibility there is a huge strain on the city's homeless shelters. Also add on top of that the fact that 35% of people in shelters are asylum seekers. So people who are homeless literally have to live on the streets. Since they cannot live in encampments they are now all over the public spaces i.e. the TTC.

Many of these people are drug addicts and/or mentally ill. Many also suffer from psychological trauma i.e. they were abused as children. They often turn to drugs to self medicate. The drugs usually worsen their mental health. This spirals into a very vicious cycle. The drugs keep making them more insane yet they keep doing drugs to try and cope. This creates people who are batsh!t insane.

My friend got attacked by one of these people. He was walking down the street and some huge guy, who he never saw before in his life, started going towards him and pulled out a knife and tried to stab him in the throat. My friend blocked the knife with his forearm. Below is a picture of the wound he recieved as a result. I warn you its pretty graphic. If the attacker's knife had found its mark and hit my friend in the throat he would no longer be amoung the living. This was a completely random attack.This attack never made the news. So imagine how many such attacks have happened on top of what the news showcases.

Friend's Forearm injury:

This is a short Facebook Reels video that is worth your time. It concerns viewing Thomas Jefferson through the context of history:

This is a short Facebook Reels video that is worth your time. It concerns viewing Thomas Jefferson through the context of history:

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Beautiful, thank you for sharing.

1690298257672.png

1690298302161.png

Surprising absolutely no one, President Xi announced yesterday that China would chart its own path on the issue of carbon emissions, and not be influenced by outside factors. Like the Paris accord they had signed earlier! He made this announcement while our climate ambassador, John Kerry, was visiting the country. How’s that for a slap in the face!

So while our EPA is busy creating new laws and standards that will cripple the US economy and make all of our lives harder and drearier, China says…screw you guys. We‘ll continue polluting until our economy dominates the rest of the world.

Surprising absolutely no one, President Xi announced yesterday that China would chart its own path on the issue of carbon emissions, and not be influenced by outside factors. Like the Paris accord they had signed earlier! He made this announcement while our climate ambassador, John Kerry, was visiting the country. How’s that for a slap in the face!

So while our EPA is busy creating new laws and standards that will cripple the US economy and make all of our lives harder and drearier, China says…screw you guys. We‘ll continue polluting until our economy dominates the rest of the world.

.... and this is why I maintain that anything to do with altering any kind of course with regards to the climate is just plain stupid. My own thoughts are, and have been for a long time, that the entire carbon emissions thing is a snowball rolling downhill, and we are well past the point of affecting it. I think if you got every single freaking person on the planet to agree to some form of intervention and it started tomorrow, it'd still be difficult to arrest. And that just isn't happening and never will. (OK... cranky pessimism fueled post over)

Green plants need nutrient soil, water, sunlight and Carbon Dioxide in order to grow. The rate at which they grow will be determined by the element in shortest supply, causing that element to be the plants limiting factor. In DeathValley the limiting factor is water, however for large portions of the Earth the limiting factor is the CO2 available to the plant. So for most of the Earth, the plant kingdom is quite happy with the increase in CO2 as it provides the plant with ability to frow faster and larger than it would be with lesser CO2.

Just a quick thing I wanted to mention, they keep saying that if we cut emissions then the issue of global warming will stop. Well we cut them world wide drastically during the 2020 shut downs and the result. Nothing changed.

Just a quick thing I wanted to mention, they keep saying that if we cut emissions then the issue of global warming will stop. Well we cut them world wide drastically during the 2020 shut downs and the result. Nothing changed.
Remember we are the carbon they want to reduce. The same people who extoll us on our climate footprint create more emissions on a single private jet flight to their summits than the average American makes in their entire lives. The same people lecturing us on rising sea levels keep buying beachfront properties. And they’re the same people placing more restrictions on agriculture and confiscation of dutch farms, some of the most environmentally responsible farmers in the world. In light of all this I have to conclude either the climate lobby is completely emotional and not at all based upon logic, reason, or evidence. Or (i my mind even worse) they know exactly what they are doing and their intent is malicious.

Kerry needs a good hard kick in the ass along with a big wallop upside the head.

Kerry needs a good hard kick in the ass along with a big wallop upside the head.
His boss, Joe Biden, can't even train his own damn dog to not bite people. This is something that every dog owner is expected to do. It bite secret service agents 10x in a 3 month span... Biden really is "special".

Dynamic equilibrium, as it applies to ecosystems or in the case of the closed system of the planet, is a concept lost on many. The primary external force affecting this closed system is the sun, save of course for the random, unpredictable collision with bodies like asteroids and comets along with the occasional volcanic burp that may or may not affect the entire system to any measurable extent. For those insisting on worshipping at the alter of the concept of man-made global whatever, please explain the umpteen cycles of ice age cooling followed by a warming climate before man was even part of the system. :)

These dynamic equilibrium frequency cycles of the climate can span 10s or 100s of thousands of years or more!!!- not the 150 years or so since the industrial revolution began in the mid-late 1800s! Also, contrary to the sadly common vernacular used by the aforementioned worshipers, CO2 is not a pollutant! There is very long and unsettling list of pollutants we need to worry about. Brainwashing the population about CO2 detracts from all the other extremely serious threats. I fear that distraction will be to our great detriment. Tell a lie long enough by the likes of shithead Gore or Kerry among many along with the various science frauds of the 60s and 70s, all regurgitated by the MSN long enough and the scientifically corrupt, fatally flawed, CO2 green house gas, hockey stick junk science magically becomes fact I guess. Over the relatively short span of the last 40 or 50 years, this batshit craziness has infected whole political parties, deep state bureaucracies, the entire MSM, many educational institutions, major segments of the general population and large companies. So now we live with unsustainable ESG policy constraints and legal burdens that those implementing them have no clue about nor the base IQ to understand the implications of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keysoft

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double