Politics

It is not precisely “Us” but Samsung is putting in a 17 billion dollar semi-conductor plant just down the road a ways.
Come to think of it, how many years of preplanning and negations took place before the first shovel went in? Did it start when the chip shortage happened under Covid and came to this in less than two years? Probably not. So, it is likely many things that seem to have emerged based on current events were already in the works.

@Kevin Peacocke There are forces that complicate the issue between the Republicans such as Herrera and Hastings that are so anti-Trump that they are willing to destruct the country, and what's worse, they both just withstood primary challenges from ethical Republican candidates. So there are still voters out there that are either ignorant or corrupt.
It would be good for the US and the free world, and actually the Communist world too if Trump ere elected for another term, but the forces of evil are against him- so it would be one HELL of a fight.
I wonder if Trump would have a better chance in 2024 if he had laid back and let it all settle down.
I noticed ex sheriff Joe Arpaio just ran for sheriff again and was defeated even though he got a lot of votes. Too much baggage?

Every election more new voters are added whose life experiences are short. They will vote on appearances without checking any history or the history they get will be targeted social media. IE; Trump must be bad of he would not have gotten impeached.

Come to think of it, how many years of preplanning and negations took place before the first shovel went in? Did it start when the chip shortage happened under Covid and came to this in less than two years? Probably not. So, it is likely many things that seem to have emerged based on current events were already in the works.
Semi-conductors are a huge and growing business. Like the Tesla move to Texas, these negotiations go on for years and involve both local and state government. Texas is pretty good it at.

But just imagine the infrastructure necessary to support a multi-million square foot facility, and the influx of employees and their families. Dozens of blocks have to be checked from utilities, to schools, to housing opportunities, to etc, etc, etc all of which become part of the offer package. The package will include tax incentives as well, which will be somewhat made up in increased sales, business, and personal property taxes generated by the new economic activity.

Ray, what do you think the odds are that Trump would win if he stood in 24? I am an outsider as you know, but I can't call this one from all the objective reading I do.
I think he would win without any issues. However, there is always the chance the other side will cheat again. Personally, I wish he wouldn't run, and I would like to see him support someone else like DeSantis. If he took office, it would be another sh*t show, and the other side would find ways to discredit him and we as a nations wouldn't go anywhere. I know this question was not directed at me. :)

At some point in the global govt's venture into replacing carbon fuels with sun energy it is going to become clear that it is a dead end. The total costs and short product life will cause a collapse of the wind/solar industry. The costs and inefficiencies will lead to a collapse of the electric car fad. The results of the collapse will likely follow two routes: a resumption of carbon fuels and a significant increase in generation of nuclear energy. If the use of nuclear energy was developed soon enough, the collapse of the electric car and "all-things electric" could be avoided, but the politics of it are such that the nuclear option will not be allowed soon enough.

As for me, I have no intentions of purchasing an electric car.

I wish he wouldn't run, and I would like to see him support someone else like DeSantis.
I could not agree more! He would be more powerful raising campaign donations, energizing the "voting base", and providing his "in your face" political opinions than if President Trump were to run for office again.

My concern is DeSantis is not a rich man. Poor men go to DC and become rich. There is a reason for that and all you have to do is look at "K" street. Trump on the other hand had the money to be able to tell them all to F off, and that's why he was hated by both parties. And they don't want that to ever happen again. Too many Hogs at the trough. I don't think DeSantis can tell them all to F off.

My concern is DeSantis is not a rich man. Poor men go to DC and become rich. There is a reason for that and all you have to do is look at "K" street. Trump on the other hand had the money to be able to tell them all to F off, and that's why he was hated by both parties. And they don't want that to ever happen again. Too many Hogs at the trough. I don't think DeSantis can tell them all to F off.
You are probably right. It reminds of married guys overseas who wait in the whorehouse parlor while their buddies, well you know... There is an awful lot of temptation for the married guys in parlor. They should wait outside, across the street for their own safety. Temptation is in itself best to be avoided.

You are probably right. It reminds of married guys overseas who wait in the whorehouse parlor while their buddies, well you know... There is an awful lot of temptation for the married guys in parlor. They should wait outside, across the street for their own safety. Temptation is in itself best to be avoided.
Trump was a threat to their corrupt culture which is making them, and their families, rich in perpetuity. To protect 'what belongs to them' they must destroy Trump and anyone who helped him.

I think he would win without any issues. However, there is always the chance the other side will cheat again. Personally, I wish he wouldn't run, and I would like to see him support someone else like DeSantis. If he took office, it would be another sh*t show, and the other side would find ways to discredit him and we as a nations wouldn't go anywhere. I know this question was not directed at me. :)
Thanks for your input @PARA45 , I completely agree, despite all the good Trump could do it would just be a mess that would polarise things even further. I am not convinced he could win. Put it this way, someone who could capture more of the centre would have an easier ride, like DeSantis.

Thanks for your input @PARA45 , I completely agree, despite all the good Trump could do it would just be a mess that would polarise things even further. I am not convinced he could win. Put it this way, someone who could capture more of the centre would have an easier ride, like DeSantis.
I agree with this. Of course, I'm a recently arrived foreigner here, not a citizen and I don't get to vote, but perhaps that helps me be a bit more impartial even if I wouldn't claim much in depth knowledge of US politics.

Disclaimers aside, its my view that if Trump runs, it's slightly better than even he wins. 60% perhaps.

If anyone at all on the right runs who isn't Trump, and Trump is willing to step aside with some grace and support them, it's practically guaranteed. 95% perhaps.

I'm not a great fan of Trump personally, but even for those who are, the increased chances of avoiding another dem term might be incentive enough for them to hope he doesn't run again.

As far as locking in a right wing president goes, Trump being impeached would bring the highest odds of that happening really, but it'd lead to a lot of social unrest which maybe makes it undesirable.

G'day Rdog, always welcome your opinion.

Perhaps you could clarify whether you're calling BS on:
i. John Howard being responsible for the longarm bans in 1996/97, or
ii John Howard being responsible for the handgun bans in 2003, or
iii Scott Morrison's Government amending the Commonwealth Criminal Code to bring in mandatory minimum jail sentences even for minor or inadvertent breaches in moving firearms between states. or
iv. None of the politicians (from any party) being out of touch and not worth two bob, or
v. That the Libs were voted out of office, or
vi. We all expected the Labor mob to be a total horror show, but so far they haven't been as bad as expected?
VI, you must not know about their plans for gun bans, hunting bans, diesel fuel vehicle legislation, climate change legislation & alternate energy, we have not seen anything yet, their alliance with the greens is our biggest problem. They need the left wing greens to stay in power. If you want to give up your guns & hunting & drive an electric car & sit in the dark due to shortage of
electricity then embrace for them.

Screenshot_20220804-181936_Instagram.jpg

I still have a bit more faith in the republic. Neither Eisenhower nor Truman were wealthy men and yet both served their country faithfully. they also represented each of our major parties. I blame our current seemingly casual acceptance of corruption on the Clintons. That voter acceptance of casual corruption has undermined our government for more than a generation. But it doesn’t mean every non-oligarch has to become corrupt.

I still have a bit more faith in the republic. Neither Eisenhower nor Truman were wealthy men and yet both served their country faithfully. they also represented each of our major parties. I blame our current seemingly casual acceptance of corruption on the Clintons. That voter acceptance of casual corruption has undermined our government for more than a generation. But it doesn’t mean every non-oligarch has to become corrupt.
Yes I would agree but one thing I would add that I think seperates DeSantis from Truman and Eisenhowre is the amount of prestige/respect both Truman and Eisenhowre had. Truman was FDR's vice president, FDR clearly had trust/respect for him, that certainly made him an esteemed figure. But that pales in comparison to Eisenhowre's pre election/political life record. Eisenhowre was one of the greatest modern military commanders and a war hero. The amount of prestige he had is huge. I am not sure that this guy DeSantis is on that level. This may or may not affect his corrupitibility

A friendly sort of fellow commented: "he" for one would have rather had China put a golf ball size hole in the side of the aircraft she was on to scare her sober and into reality. Of course it would be easy for the CCP military to claim and readily accepted by dementia Joe and sane Americans as an accident as the plane was flying inside the CCP's "pre planned" military live fire exercise.

What really irritates me is that “The Come and Take It” flag is not in the historical section. Damn Yankees:E Devious:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross