Politics

Strange how things evolve. I may have figured out a, possibly the only, truly positive outcome of the blind push to AI. First overt clue was idiot Bill Gates suddenly bailing out of support for wind/solar green energy. It was a decision where greed won out over false virtue signaling. He finally figured out that solar and wind couldn’t power his data centers and AI has become the new religion for the 21st century. Maybe we have broken through the “green energy virtue” barrier in an indirect way. It’s not necessarily full speed in reverse back in time for fossil fuel, although at least in the mid term yes, large production fossil power is still extremely important. The breakout from the green virtue psych, may be AI needing onsite or near onsite power generation!! Enter small, portable nuke plants. The tech is not new, the Navy has been using it for years. The need to power the new religion of AI may remove both the memory and habit of worshipping the current tech of green energy nonsense and the stigma of nuke power, both at the same time! Win-win I hope… time will tell.

Also will be interesting to watch fusion power. Fusion power generation is a tough nut to crack but has nearly unlimited potential. Many are caught up in the wishful thinking, maybe delusion on fusion power generation. Again… time will tell.
It’s a misnomer and propaganda that fossil fuels are going by the wayside. Wind and solar never more than 8% is what I’ve heard.
 
That doesn’t mean they won’t come back.
I tend to take a pragmatic approach to things and have quit worrying about "what if" scenarios that have a miniscule chance of happening.

I also believe in personal responsibility. If those menial workers that you advocate for can't figure out how to better themselves, then it is on them. For example, my cleaning lady and her helper make $37.50/hr each, well above CA minimum wage. There are many jobs like that for people taking the time to figure it out.
 
On a different note, Here is an article.


It says something about Dems if Kamala is seen as a center leaning figure. :ROFLMAO:
Now there's a minimum wage candidate for you. Doubt she's worth even that.
 
I tend to take a pragmatic approach to things and have quit worrying about "what if" scenarios that have a miniscule chance of happening.
I don’t really worry about much, but I don’t trust the government or corporations to act with the interest of workers in mind. So it’s nice to have someone pushing back to help maintain an equilibrium.
 
A bold option now open to the administration that would be unthinkable just a year ago due to Iranian defensive and retaliatory capabilities is the seizure of Kharg Island. I am not sure the exact totals, but believe about 90% of Iranian export leaves from Kharg. Unlike a mainland incursion, Kharg, which is 15 miles from the mainland, could be relatively easily defended from Iranian counter attack. I would have to assume they would also want to be careful of destroying those critical facilities. Should the regime survive in some form, it would represent a significant bargaining chip in exchange for something like their enriched uranium stockpile.

Curious the thoughts of the petroleum industry experts in our discussion. Assuming the terminal is not severely damaged, what does that do to the price of crude?

Fascinating idea. You would know better than I if the US could protect a soft target like Kharg. I believe that it was moving a couple million BPD prior to the war. Control would not bring that back online as Iran would not pump oil to it if the US held it. However, post war control would probably lead to faster return to market and ensure that oil did not bypass sanctions.
 
A bold option now open to the administration that would be unthinkable just a year ago due to Iranian defensive and retaliatory capabilities is the seizure of Kharg Island. I am not sure the exact totals, but believe about 90% of Iranian export leaves from Kharg. Unlike a mainland incursion, Kharg, which is 15 miles from the mainland, could be relatively easily defended from Iranian counter attack. I would have to assume they would also want to be careful of destroying those critical facilities. Should the regime survive in some form, it would represent a significant bargaining chip in exchange for something like their enriched uranium stockpile.

Curious the thoughts of the petroleum industry experts in our discussion. Assuming the terminal is not severely damaged, what does that do to the price of crude?

World oil consumption is around 100 million barrels per day. About 20 million barrels per day normally travels through the Strait. Kharg Island handles about two million barrels per day, which is one VLCC (Very Large Crude Carrier) or commonly called, Supertanker, per day. It might be easier to control Kharg Island by sinking any vessel that goes there to pick up crude. Control doesn’t require having a hand on the valve.

Another similar type control point is the South Pars gas field (on the Iranian side) and the North Field on the Qatari side. It is the largest gas field in the world and supplies Iran’s domestic gas supply. Shut it down and you probably shut down the entire country. That might lead to a humanitarian crisis, so might not happen.
 
A gas station in LA.

1773004094267.png
 
I don’t really worry about much, but I don’t trust the government or corporations to act with the interest of workers in mind. So it’s nice to have someone pushing back to help maintain an equilibrium.
You know it is not "us vs them" in regard to corporations and workers in most corporations. I had interactions with a multitude of Fortune 100 corporations in my career and employees' and contractors' safety came first at all times. Heck, one time I was asked to shave a two-day stubble so the gas masks would make a good seal in case of an emergency at a refinery.

Now, unions that is a different story, but the main thing a union cares about is themselves as an institution to the detriment of workers most times than not.
 
I don’t really worry about much, but I don’t trust the government or unions to act with the interest of workers in mind. So I push back to help maintain an equilibrium. If I want a raise, I'll ask for it or do what is required to get a promotion.
There, had to fix another one for ya. ;)
 

Those are killer high prices. The good news though is premium isn’t much more than regular.

I was in OKC the past few days and gas was just below $3 and diesel just above $4.
 
A bold option now open to the administration that would be unthinkable just a year ago due to Iranian defensive and retaliatory capabilities is the seizure of Kharg Island. I am not sure the exact totals, but believe about 90% of Iranian export leaves from Kharg. Unlike a mainland incursion, Kharg, which is 15 miles from the mainland, could be relatively easily defended from Iranian counter attack. I would have to assume they would also want to be careful of destroying those critical facilities. Should the regime survive in some form, it would represent a significant bargaining chip in exchange for something like their enriched uranium stockpile.

Curious the thoughts of the petroleum industry experts in our discussion. Assuming the terminal is not severely damaged, what does that do to the price of crude?
Could Kharg island be used to make Iran pay for the war's expenses? Trumpadelic!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,539
Members
169,370
Latest member
RustyBinns
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top