Politics

In Oklahoma our voting districts/boundaries are made up of population only. Some districts are just several city blocks while others encompass multiple counties. There can still be jerrymandering, but it still has to follow census counts not age or color. Strange to see how other states function.
 
In Oklahoma our voting districts/boundaries are made up of population only. Some districts are just several city blocks while others encompass multiple counties. There can still be jerrymandering, but it still has to follow census counts not age or color. Strange to see how other states function.
As it should be. The district they redrew in Alabama goes from the Georgia border in the east to the Mississippi border in the west cutting towns in half.

Not sure of the validity of this but as I understand it, a lot of the VRA is aimed at former slave states in the south and there are rules that they have to follow and other states don’t. Ironically until the last 20 years or so many of the southern states were ruled by democratic super majorities and they drew many of these districts. Now that these states are governed by republicans they want them to be not only by population but with 2 districts with majority black voters. Which is supposed to be illegal but was mandated by the courts.
 
In Oklahoma our voting districts/boundaries are made up of population only. Some districts are just several city blocks while others encompass multiple counties. There can still be jerrymandering, but it still has to follow census counts not age or color. Strange to see how other states function.

I agree with you as it currently stands. The Republican maps at least make sense these days.

I do remember the 1980 map when Oklahoma was still a blue state and democrats controlled the state government. Democrats lost the 5th district so they redrew the map to try and get as many republicans as possible into one district. The northern suburbs of OKC up through Ponca City and over to Bartlesville so they could get the Conoco and Phillips headquarters. Looks like they even made a jog to get you into the district ;)

1760730444899.jpeg


Still not as bad as Marylands 3rd district which was as gerrymandered as you could get, using roads and water to connect islands of people.

1760730838976.jpeg
 
I agree with you as it currently stands. The Republican maps at least make sense these days.

I do remember the 1980 map when Oklahoma was still a blue state and democrats controlled the state government. Democrats lost the 5th district so they redrew the map to try and get as many republicans as possible into one district. The northern suburbs of OKC up through Ponca City and over to Bartlesville so they could get the Conoco and Phillips headquarters. Looks like they even made a jog to get you into the district ;)

View attachment 720842

Still not as bad as Marylands 3rd district which was as gerrymandered as you could get, using roads and water to connect islands of people.

View attachment 720843
Yeah, I remember that. It makes me (us) old. My first national election.
 
Yeah, I remember that. It makes me (us) old. My first national election.

1980 was a fantastic election night!

…and yes we are getting old :confused:
 
The case heard by the SCOTUS was brought by the State of Louisiana. The state was forced to come up with a race-based congressional district map that create a second black majority district.

Can you spot it? Gerrymandering at it's worst!

View attachment 720794
So, is this going to be called a "Black Belt"?

Asking for a friend.
 
B-52's have been flying off the coast of Venezuela.
Sending a message?
I hope the navs have all their electronics on, Venezuela has some air defenses including the russian s3oo I believe it is called,as well as a hodgepod of other rockets.
And once more TRUMP is meeting with the used car saleman ,I thot he had learned his lesson in Alaska.
 
With tomahawks now on the table for Ukraine, Im guessing the Uk-Russia war is going to continue on for a bit longer..

We'll see if Trump follows through and sends the missiles.. but even just a couple of dozen tomahawks could put a serious hurting on Russia.. youre talking about something that can travel 1500+ miles and deliver a 1000lb warhead or 166 bomblets.. capable of taking out large ships, large buildings, etc..

a single strike on a bomber base for example could cost the Russians hundreds of millions of dollars in assets and set back their strategic capabilities a decade..
2k pound warheads. The more the merrier.
 
I hope the navs have all their electronics on, Venezuela has some air defenses including the russian s3oo I believe it is called,as well as a hodgepod of other rockets.
And once more TRUMP is meeting with the used car saleman ,I thot he had learned his lesson in Alaska.
Trump seems to be an eternal optimist, no matter how many times it comes around to bite him in the ass! Fortunately he’s been right enough times to keep him coming back for more until it turns his way.
 
Let's just give the Ukraine some B-83's..... let's get this party started
 
I guess expulsion is preferable to what would have happened to them if they were North Korean, stood up in front of a 40mm anti aircraft gun for target practice.

Wonder what the sentance would be if found guilty of taking big amounts....not shy about executing people in China....
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,845
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top