Politics

While in port. I’ve been invited to drink aboard a handful of nations ships in the past. I think French, Australian, Canadian, British and if we were at sea long enough we also received a ration of two beers per person. I’m not sure if any still allow it. I know the US Navy stopped the practice of allowing rations after lengthy stints at sea
 
While in port. I’ve been invited to drink aboard a handful of nations ships in the past. I think French, Australian, Canadian, British and if we were at sea long enough we also received a ration of two beers per person. I’m not sure if any still allow it. I know the US Navy stopped the practice of allowing rations after lengthy stints at sea

Two ‘tinnies’ a day was standard even in my day - (two tins of beer)

Folk saved them up for a piss-up

Not allowed but only illegal if caught

The officers mess (wardroom) had a bar open lunchtime and evening every day

You paid by signing a chit - the cost being taken from monthly salary

consumption was ‘sort of’ monitored, however being pissed or hung over was not a crime - not being able to do your job, however, was -
 
I wonder if BRICS and SA's new friends in Moscow, Iran, and Bejing will seem worth it should the country's trade relationship with the US collapse. Its exports to the US were just over10 billion USD last year. Its exports to China approximately 12 billion USD. Total exports were just over 130 billion USD. Approximately 25% of those total exports go to the EU - SA's largest trading partner.

 
Cane is farmed in Nicaragua. :ROFLMAO:

That's not sufar cane that's co caine....caine with an i and e. Rumor has it, it still has that same brain numbing effect as rum, whiskey, etc., just more expensive habit.
 
???? I always thought molasses was made from sugar cane so isn’t all rum made from sugar cane. Just adding to y’all’s discussion.
 
Tried to put link but didn't work.....fkn Excellent ...shame nobody else instead of pussing around backs them up....hypothetically speaking of course.........
Screenshot_20241226-223629_BBC.jpg
 
???? I always thought molasses was made from sugar cane so isn’t all rum made from sugar cane. Just adding to y’all’s discussion.
I do not claim to be an expert, but my understanding is this.

Sugar cane is the raw ingredient for all Rum.

However, there are various extraction processes between sugar cane and 'sugar' which produce various byproducts, one of which is molasses (basically the high color, high sweetness, high protein, soluble fraction of the juice extract which is separated from the crystalline sugar stream).

You can either use the 'whole' pressed sugar cane juice for rum, including the fraction that could be refined into sugar, or you can first process the cane, extract the sugar, then use the molasses. Molasses is cheaper.

I don't think one is necessarily any better than the other from a taste and quality perspective, considering that the yeast will clear up most of the fermentable carbs and protein anyway, then distillation will clear the rest, but that's a point of differentiation that some brands use as a 'quality marker'.
 
So any time someone is not charged because of witnesses that won’t testify and a perp that refuses to cooperate means they are innocent? Does that erase what happened? Maybe you should have been a defense attorney.

What I am saying is that you, me, or anybody calling Gaetz guilty of "Statutory Rape" when there is no evidence, no witness, the DOJ refuses to prosecute, the individual alleging the event is in prison and tried to extort Gaetz and his father, the extortionist made real Florida Drivers Licenses' for people, is not right.

There is plenty of evidence to question his morals, even things Gaetz himself has said. I have not seen anything, perhaps I have missed something, to say he is guilty of "Statutory Rape".
 
I do not claim to be an expert, but my understanding is this.

Sugar cane is the raw ingredient for all Rum.

However, there are various extraction processes between sugar cane and 'sugar' which produce various byproducts, one of which is molasses (basically the high color, high sweetness, high protein, soluble fraction of the juice extract which is separated from the crystalline sugar stream).

You can either use the 'whole' pressed sugar cane juice for rum, including the fraction that could be refined into sugar, or you can first process the cane, extract the sugar, then use the molasses. Molasses is cheaper.

I don't think one is necessarily any better than the other from a taste and quality perspective, considering that the yeast will clear up most of the fermentable carbs and protein anyway, then distillation will clear the rest, but that's a point of differentiation that some brands use as a 'quality marker'.

Thank you Alistair I was going to reply...but after spending a lovely afternoon..evening...and night at the bar overlooking the zambezi..quaffing a few beverages...Reading that has made me fall asleep...............:E Sleeping:
 
Thank you Alistair I was going to reply...but after spending a lovely afternoon..evening...and night at the bar overlooking the zambezi..quaffing a few beverages...Reading that has made me fall asleep...............:E Sleeping:
Eh, pretty standard reaction. I've got fda approval as a sedative hypnotic in at least 9 nations at this point...
 
What I am saying is that you, me, or anybody calling Gaetz guilty of "Statutory Rape" when there is no evidence, no witness, the DOJ refuses to prosecute, the individual alleging the event is in prison and tried to extort Gaetz and his father, the extortionist made real Florida Drivers Licenses' for people, is not right.

There is plenty of evidence to question his morals, even things Gaetz himself has said. I have not seen anything, perhaps I have missed something, to say he is guilty of "Statutory Rape".
I can’t really disagree with you regarding that specific charge but I have zero doubts about his prostitution, cocaine and ecstasy use. Good riddance.
 
I can’t really disagree with you regarding that specific charge but I have zero doubts about his prostitution, cocaine and ecstasy use. Good riddance.
I, on the other hand, just never trusted his eyebrows. (lol)
 
Why I will not donate money to wikipedia. I've corrected several articles there over the years, but they don't fit with the narrative and my edits are always removed.

1735308224021.png
 
Wokepedia… a crap load of their funding goes to DEI initiatives and it shows in their editing priorities…
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,665
Members
169,812
Latest member
Tucksethoms
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top