Politics

Easy buddy, that kinda talk will get you shot:

1690576208213.jpeg

I often wonder if the people coming up with these policies have any, any at all, knowledge of physics, chemistry, engineering or maths. Maybe the solution to the world's problems would be to defund/ban tertiary faculties that run courses in the fake disciplines of politics, journalism and the various other forms of derivative garbage. Also require anyone wanting to work in journalism, or wanting to run for office, to have worked for at least 10 years in a real job.

The overthrow of Samuel K. Doe, by Charles Taylor & Prince Johnson, I assume would be an example?
That's only one example. Think of 90% of African countries and you'll find despots/dictators as well as those violently taking power or trying to retain power. Child soldiers forcibly recruited by warlords who eventually become the next fleeting dictator before being ousted once again. Who is to be trained by the West? The current dictators or the emerging ones?

Back to EV's a moment. In case you missed the new auto emission standard rules.
Are these people on crack? You might save on fuel but can’t afford the mew technology vehicle in the first place. We are going to look like Cuba with all the pre embargo vehicles. Keep them old vehicles maintained it might have to last the rest of your life.

Are these people on crack? You might save on fuel but can’t afford the mew technology vehicle in the first place. We are going to look like Cuba with all the pre embargo vehicles. Keep them old vehicles maintained it might have to last the rest of your life.

It's true. We already see it and its not a war in favor of EVs, its a war against diesel. I can't tell you a single person in my area that owns an out-of-warranty diesel that hasn't done an EGR delete. Pull the exhaust, pull the DEF system, reprogram the computer, get 50HP and another 5mpg while removing a high maintenance $10,000 component from a truck.

The tricky part is the States are on to us. They are starting to require diesels to have emissions inspections to catch people that have done a delete since they are for offroad use only but everyone does it anyway.

Next step in this game will be buying pre-emission vehicles, restoring them, and dropping in modern powertrain just to beat the legislation. (we're already doing this too, with Land Rovers)

That's only one example. Think of 90% of African countries and you'll find despots/dictators as well as those violently taking power or trying to retain power. Child soldiers forcibly recruited by warlords who eventually become the next fleeting dictator before being ousted once again. Who is to be trained by the West? The current dictators or the emerging ones?
Thank you! ..
I didn't know how to approach this. Short of The History: Post Colonialization, Equatorial Guinea, D.R Congo, Idi Amin, etc.
Unless anyone listened to the BBC here, I didn't know of "one" person familiar with what was going on in the 90's. I attended School in my Later years with a former "Contract Photographer" who covered Liberia & it's decade & a Half Civil Conflict.

Atrocious, to say the least .. It left an Impression on me

It's true. We already see it and its not a war in favor of EVs, its a war against diesel. I can't tell you a single person in my area that owns an out-of-warranty diesel that hasn't done an EGR delete. Pull the exhaust, pull the DEF system, reprogram the computer, get 50HP and another 5mpg while removing a high maintenance $10,000 component from a truck.

The tricky part is the States are on to us. They are starting to require diesels to have emissions inspections to catch people that have done a delete since they are for offroad use only but everyone does it anyway.

Next step in this game will be buying pre-emission vehicles, restoring them, and dropping in modern powertrain just to beat the legislation. (we're already doing this too, with Land Rovers)

Or in my case a ‘69 FJ40.

Thank you! ..
I didn't know how to approach this. Short of The History: Post Colonialization, Equatorial Guinea, D.R Congo, Idi Amin, etc.
Unless anyone listened to the BBC here, I didn't know of "one" person familiar with what was going on in the 90's. I attended School in my Later years with a former "Contract Photographer" who covered Liberia & it's decade & a Half Civil Conflict.

Atrocious, to say the least .. It left an Impression on me

Culture matters. There are many nice things to say about Africa, but there a few cultural deficits that are foreign to the West.

1.) The notion it is better to have all the wealth to strut upon a dung heap, rather than being wealthy by playing a value-added role in a thriving system.

2.) Nepotism is everything. Giving jobs to your cronies/tribe/family is customary, even if it destroys your business, government, or farm.

3.) Integrity and fidelity. In most of the native languages of southern Africa, they don't even have a native word for promise. When they say promise, it literally means in most languages to give it a shot.

4.) Taxation of the means of production. Whereas any greedy capitalist wants to be wealthier and instinctively knows to tax the end product (so there are many end products), Africa taxes production inputs discouraging the building of anything.

5.) Selling out your own. With racial and in-group bias being a native, natural human trait that is suppressed via reason in Western culture, Africa will destroy the next door tribe "just cuz". Going further, the strongmen will sell out their own tribe in favor of their family, and then ultimately just themselves.

It all makes for perennially terrible countries where a person cannot get ahead using cultural tactics that were naturalized into the West over the past 2000 years.

Culture matters. There are many nice things to say about Africa, but there a few cultural deficits that are foreign to the West.

1.) The notion it is better to have all the wealth to strut upon a dung heap, rather than being wealthy by playing a value-added role in a thriving system.

2.) Nepotism is everything. Giving jobs to your cronies/tribe/family is customary, even if it destroys your business, government, or farm.

3.) Integrity and fidelity. In most of the native languages of southern Africa, they don't even have a native word for promise. When they say promise, it literally means in most languages to give it a shot.

4.) Taxation of the means of production. Whereas any greedy capitalist wants to be wealthier and instinctively knows to tax the end product (so there are many end products), Africa taxes production inputs discouraging the building of anything.

5.) Selling out your own. With racial and in-group bias being a native, natural human trait that is suppressed via reason in Western culture, Africa will destroy the next door tribe "just cuz". Going further, the strongmen will sell out their own tribe in favor of their family, and then ultimately just themselves.

It all makes for perennially terrible countries where a person cannot get ahead using cultural tactics that were naturalized into the West over the past 2000 years.

The underlying dynamic is family loyalty and tribalism. When you hire a man at a fair wage he feels obligated to provide support to his extended family, and they feel they have the right to expect it. As you increase the man’s wages, his personal situation does not improve significantly as the distributions increase. I had a close friend who is a Burundian refugee explain to me as follows: westerners invest in the stock market, Africans invest in family and friends. I watched him spend his entire life’s savings on surgery for the uncle that rescued him out of the Burundi/Rwanda genocide.

The other dynamic is tribalism. It just never goes away, even in Christian organizations. I was in Kenya complaining to friends about Obama when he was in office. Their response? ‘What do you expect, he’s Luo, they do nothing and tell everyone else what to do!’

Really Interesting comments to say the least. To have a better understanding and gain knowledge

Thank you.

Last edited:
This is the "Cold Cuban" collage for which I was searching. Pretty amazing.

canada.jpg

This is the "Cold Cuban" collage for which I was searching. Pretty amazing.

View attachment 548306

Yep, it looks like Maggie’s affair with Fidel bore fruit. Compare pictures of Justin and Pierre and you will find no resemblance all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesmondJar

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.